No new Needle, will this work?

1 reply to this topic
  • TeamScream

Posted August 31, 2001 - 03:58 PM

In my other post I stated that I cannot get a new (James Dean suggested) needle, but I can find the #48 and #168 jets but cannot get the #100 air jet without ordering.
This considered should I replace the Main with the #168 and the Pilot with the new #48 and NOT replace the needle or the #100 air jet?, I have done all the free mods except the BK and YZ timing, and now experience a surging at constant throttle and what seems like a flat spot in the mid (1/4 to 3/4 throttle) this seemed a little more noticible after I did the grey wire mod this afternoon....any hints at all fellas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 31, 2001 - 07:16 PM

If you are changing from the D series needle to an E series needle. Just order everything and wait. My reasons, the E series uses a much smaller main, so once you finally get the new needle you will have to rejet anyway. Do it once and do it right and you won't have any problem. Unless the needle gets back ordered (highly likely) then it should come in about 2-3 days. I know an eternity on the day before a 3 day weekend.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.