Whats requiered to put a bike that is still in the crate together?

2 replies to this topic
  • icebat

Posted December 12, 2005 - 02:23 PM

I should be getting my 06 450 this week sometime. It is still in the crate from the dealer. What will I need to do to put it together? Will I have to add brake fluid, and bleed the lines? Can anyone tell me what I can expect and how much time it may take?

Also... This is my first fourstroke... what oil filter should I get, do I need to check the valves after brake in? What oil should I run, coolant? I assume the bike has no fluids in it.

Thanks much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lizard 1

Posted December 12, 2005 - 02:45 PM

Not much, really. I do a complete tear down so, if it were me, I'd load it in my truck with the front wheel on - you usually only have to assemble the front wheel and bars... and I would haul it home to completely go through it....

• yzkid

Posted December 12, 2005 - 03:01 PM

The bike will have all the fluids the only thing u will need to do is assemble the front end. But i have heard that certain dealers will not let the bike out of there hands without the front end attached. If i was u i would let them do it without a torque wrench and the right socket its a real guessing game. if u are to do it yourself it should take u 1 hour to put it all together take ur time and read the manual its ur best friend

as far as oil goes do a search and u will find more than enough topic already posted no need to check the valves (its not a Honda) i use engine ice coolant in my bike i find it helps alot but thats only my opinion

the brakes will b ready to go also no need to do anything but break them in and enjoy ur new ride its a beast i got mine 2 weeks ago but its sitting in my garage looking at the snow fall

get a scotts oil filter and nvr buy another filter again

hope this help

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.