offset crankshaft keyway

10 replies to this topic
  • FLTarded

Posted December 12, 2005 - 06:56 AM

Does anyone know if they make an offset crankshaft keyway for an xr 650L and where do I find It? :applause: Any info would be greatly appreciated

• creeky

Posted December 12, 2005 - 07:49 AM

Another dumb question: Why the offset keyway? :applause:

• FLTarded

Posted December 12, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Adjust my full timing moron!

• creeky

Posted December 12, 2005 - 08:50 AM

I thought I might get a respectful reply.......Oh well.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:02 AM

Adjust my full timing moron!

FL, you owe him an apology, he meant "I'm asking a dumb question, I don't know what that would be used for", he didn't mean that he thought you were asking a dumb question.

D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr_stamm

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:03 AM

If you have the skills enough to be fooling with this, why would you ask at all? Also, if your timing isn't optimized for your liking, why don't you just by a programmable ignition box rather than blindly throwing a fixed amount of advance, or retard in your case. Just curious, at what point did you determine your spark timing wasn't right? Data?

• creeky

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:09 AM

FL, you owe him an apology, he meant "I'm asking a dumb question, I don't know what that would be used for", he didn't mean that he thought you were asking a dumb question.

D

That's right, I was asking the dumb question, I did not intend to infer that FLTarded was making a dumb post. Sorry about the semantics. :applause:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:24 AM

That's right, I was asking the dumb question, I did not intend to infer that FLTarded was making a dumb post. Sorry about the semantics. :applause:

But at least you've outed FL as to what kind of person he is, so we're all forewarned.

D

• FLTarded

Posted December 13, 2005 - 05:34 AM

You're right, I sincerely apologize creeky, I guess I read you're reply the wrong way. I thought I was asking a simple question and that someone was just being a smart a$$. Maybe you should have replied with "I have a dumb question", not "Another Dumb Question!

Xr650l Dave I am not that kind of person,... whatever kind of person that is you are referring!!

• creeky

Posted December 13, 2005 - 05:43 AM

You're right, I sincerely apologize creeky, I guess I read you're reply the wrong way. I thought I was asking a simple question and that someone was just being a smart a$$. Maybe you should have replied with "I have a dumb question", not "Another Dumb Question!

Xr650l Dave I am not that kind of person,... whatever kind of person that is you are referring!!

No problem, just a simple misunderstanding. Thanks.

• isaac338

Posted December 13, 2005 - 07:25 AM

or we could use his punctuation as a hint, as most english speakers can. the colon implies the dumb question is following. had he used an exclamation point, as you did, then what you read would have been correct.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.