'87 XR600R parts compitable w/ '86XL frame?

3 replies to this topic
  • extrmski

Posted December 11, 2005 - 09:18 PM

I have noticed a crack in the frame of my '87 XR600R. I have found a possible frame for the bike but it is a '86 XL600R frame. Are these frames the same? Are they close enough ?Will the parts of my XR fit on to the XL frame, motor, swingarm, air box, triple clamps and forks etc? What should I be cautioned about?
Thanks for your replies and info, Todd

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 12, 2005 - 08:25 AM

The frames arent the same. Theyve got different head angles. The parts may bolt on though. The engine will fit.

Start cross referencing part numbers on Crotchrocket.com. They list the acutal Honda pn's so you should be able to see whats what. And the drawings are amazingly accurate too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:04 AM

XR650L parts are pretty much the same as the XR600R, however, so make sure you expand your search to include the BRP-L!

• targetdrone

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:53 PM

I know the seats and tank mount differently. The swingarm will fit.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.