Dial a Jet?

5 replies to this topic
  • jocolo

Posted December 11, 2005 - 06:39 PM

Thumper Produts
Has anybody used this Dial a Jet thingy? How does it work?

• sirthumpalot

Posted December 11, 2005 - 07:01 PM

Been around for years, but I've never heard from anyone who used one either?

• Hick

Posted December 11, 2005 - 07:23 PM

Been around for years, but I've never heard from anyone who used one either?

I've never seen or heard of this thing before.

Looks like it, in affect, adds another fuel circuit to the carb, but one that is externally plumbed, and therefore externally adjusted.

I thought at first glance that maybe the system changed all the jetting at once by altering the pressure in the fuel bowl, but the vent line in the pic actually feeds fuel to this adjustable emulsifier thingy...

...and that is the dial-a-jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted December 12, 2005 - 03:19 AM

These used to be advertised more for the street crowd. Probably because there weren't many high performance 4-strokes offroad in the past. I'm thinking I remember seeing these back as far as the early 90's, maybe they've been arond longer than that? Seems to me that it would slurp the junk from the bottom of the bowl, but I really have no idea how well they work.

• fowler175

Posted December 12, 2005 - 04:54 AM

These are very popular in sledding, and often work very well. I have never seen one on anything OTHER than a sowmobile though. The fuel supplied through the hose from the floatbowl to the intake bell is atomized earlier, supposedly resulting in better throttle response & overall power. Also, if you often ride in drastically different elevations/temperatures it would be easier to adjust jetting.(again, supposedly) Someone should be a guinne pig, and let us know how it works!

• jocolo

Posted December 12, 2005 - 04:11 PM

Some guy over at www.exriders.com been using it with great results.......I might get one.....

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.