Stalling!!! Rekluse? or flywheel weight

26 replies to this topic
  • rich1167

Posted December 13, 2005 - 03:24 PM

The E start is all but useless. Doesn't charge worth a dam. OR the battery is crap. Either way it starts pretty easy with the kick. I know their is mod you can do to the stator to make it charge well. But I'm getting tired of mod's to make this thing work the way it should. I'm pretty close to wantin my old CR back.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 13, 2005 - 03:59 PM

Thats exactly the issue. I get into tight stuff hit a small Cliff or a tight rocky section and I'm done. I'd like to hit Moab in the Spring but know I would hate it. As for the TC balls and perch adjuster with heavy spring. Are thees options from Rekluse?

Also I love the engine braking on steep downhills. Do I have to give that up with a Z-start? If its a tit for tat thing I can live with it. Or live around it.

TC Balls and Perch adjustor are extra but well worth it. :ride:
Engine braking is always there unless you start at idle and put it in a tall gear and coast down a hill. You need to blip the throttle to engage the clutch and get engine breaking in those situations. :applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:10 PM

TC Balls and Perch adjustor are extra but well worth it. :applause:

I got steel balls, Those work the best of all! :p :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:10 PM

i say just regear it and try it befor you spend a $hit load of $$.

try 13/50 or 14/52.

• byggd

Posted December 13, 2005 - 04:46 PM

Engine braking is always there unless you start at idle and put it in a tall gear and coast down a hill. You need to blip the throttle to engage the clutch and get engine breaking in those situations. :applause:

And you will lose engine braking if you lock that back wheel but as Indy says a quick blip of the throttle and it's back :ride: Sounds like just what you need for the type of riding you do :p

• Matty05

Posted December 13, 2005 - 05:31 PM

i say just regear it and try it befor you spend a $hit load of $$.

try 13/50 or 14/52.

he is already at 13/50!

• RichBaker

Posted December 14, 2005 - 01:54 PM

The E start is all but useless. Doesn't charge worth a dam. OR the battery is crap. Either way it starts pretty easy with the kick. I know their is mod you can do to the stator to make it charge well. But I'm getting tired of mod's to make this thing work the way it should. I'm pretty close to wantin my old CR back.

My 03 WR has the original battery and I've never had a charging or starting problem with it....it's easy to check for correct charging, I think the manual even tells you how....quit blaming Yamaha for poor maintenance practices!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.