XR650L Choke Cable Elimination

2 replies to this topic
  • Hitorq

Posted December 11, 2005 - 05:42 PM

Has anyone eliminated their choke cable on the XRL? I want to eliminate the cable and set it up to engage at the carb body, like a standard slide carb. I don't use it a lot after the mods, just eliminating the gadgets...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted December 12, 2005 - 07:11 AM

Yes I eliminated mine. I put a mikuni on, now I hardly even have to use it . I think you could cut the cable leaving enough hanging out to put something to grip with your fingers and it would work just fine.

• Hitorq

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, I figured someone would throw the carb swap out there... I think that is my option for now, shortening the cable and bracketing it next to the carb, until I pick up a slide carb. Thanks for the reply.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.