XR600R warmed up

5 replies to this topic
  • FNM

Posted December 11, 2005 - 09:23 AM

i recently bought a 95 XR600 and it starts easy enough cold but once it is warmed up it takes on average about five minutes to get it started.how should i correct this if i can.

• creeky

Posted December 11, 2005 - 04:42 PM

If you have never had a big bore thumper before, you probably need to learn the starting drill. Push down the kick starter until you feel the piston coming up on compression. Pull in the compression release lever and hold it. Push the starter until the piston is almost at TDC (this will take a little practice). Then let the starter all the way up, let go of the compression release and give it a hard boot. A little practice and it will become a 1-2 kick operation. :applause:

• bork

Posted December 11, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Also ,take hand off throttle . Idle speed. NO gas . unless it starts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted December 11, 2005 - 05:04 PM

Thanks bork, had a minor brain f**t and omitted that important step. :applause:

• XRidiculous

Posted December 11, 2005 - 05:06 PM

All of the above-although I'd add to check the throttle cable-to make sure it is smooth. If the needle stays up, the bike is flooding, and that would create a 5 minute restart condition.

• FNM

Posted December 11, 2005 - 06:34 PM

yeah this is my first big bore thanks for the info all it makes sence know that i think of it i think i was just kicking it on the compression stroke thanks.

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.