Yosh Pro Comp, Afterburner or Pro Circuit Pipe???

77 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:33 AM

I am too big for an XR80 and just wouldn't cut it through the deep mud and slippery hills here, let alone the long straight dirt roads.

I think you missed my point - a pipe change can make your bike easier to ride, which just happens to make you ride a bit quicker. My bike is easier to ride, it has power on tap everywhere, When scooting along a trail at say 120 - 130km/h I can pop the front wheel over logs and stuff heaps easier.

Hey I have never called someone an idiot before on a post but to those that want and ride with loud pipes ---- YOU DONT GET IT!!!! we will all loose everyplace we like to ride because of YOU!!! Picture in 2 years no where to ride at ALL how good will your dirt bike be when you cant ride it or even sell it. I swear if I see one of you Ill cut your damn pipe off at the head and take it with me Im soo sick of you idiots thinking a loud pipe makes a bike faster. Jeremy McGrath even says he cant ride his bike to its fullest with a stock system, are you better than MC.

Get with the picture and just use you head!!! Im a second generation Off roader and I want my kids to be able to ride and you ignorant riders are spoiling that for everyone

NO MORE LOUD PIES!!!! DO YOUR PART!!!

• Drunken Monkey

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:34 PM

A Whitebro's E2 pipe is anything but quiet at wide open throttle dipshits!
You are only kidding yourselves if you think they aren't.

All I can say is suck shit if your area gets closed down, you ride there, it is YOUR fault.

• Drunken Monkey

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hey I have never called someone an idiot before on a post but to those that want and ride with loud pipes ---- YOU DONT GET IT!!!! we will all loose everyplace we like to ride because of YOU!!!

We are in australia, If we get your riding area closed down, suck shit!!! I don't know how someone miles away can do that???? It would be a nice gift to have. I guess you can always :applause: about it and make yourself look like a wanker.

Picture in 2 years no where to ride at ALL how good will your dirt bike be when you cant ride it or even sell it. I swear if I see one of you Ill cut your damn pipe off at the head and take it with me Im soo sick of you idiots thinking a loud pipe makes a bike faster

No one ever said that. A whitebro's E2 pipe is anything but quiet WOT, neither is a FMF Q2. Get it through your thick uneducated head.

Jeremy McGrath even says he cant ride his bike to its fullest with a stock system, are you better than MC.

Nice one idiot! Why do YOUR veterians ride with bigbore kits then you moron??? I guess that you are too stupid for your own good. Why the hell do you even have a bike? all you seem to do is complain about bikes. Are you some sort of hippy?

Not everyone has to be quiet dipshit! remember that. Is my pipe loud if no one can hear it??? I brought my pipe for power, that's just what I got.

Who the f%$# said louder is better anyway???? If it is such a big problem over there, why aren't they banned??? I couldn't give a shit, I guess you do. I can ride anytime I want, where ever I want. You can't, that aint my problem!

• Drunken Monkey

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:51 PM

keep running those loud pipes guys!!! i really dont like riding that much in the first place. i was thinking about taking up hiking or horseback riding instead...NOT!!!!

I will dipshit! You gaybo's think you are so hard done by anyway! Buy some land then fool. ride there.

• treo

Posted January 06, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Some people from what I have read here do think that! I just don't see why when ever a pipe question comes up, people tend to slam anyone that thinks that a "performance" pipe is best.

Dude, pull your head out of your a$$! I gaurantee that 99.9% of riders on this board, or in the world that are ANY faster when they get a louder "higher performing" pipe. Maybe the bike is slightly faster, and I mean slightly, but there's no way you, me or just about anybody on the earth can ride the "stock" system to it's full potential. Until you can, try not to screw up our riding areas by running loud pipes. Maybe you don't understand what a big issue it is here in the US.

• Jeff-inSD

Posted January 06, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Notice how the biggest stink is coming from the mates on the wrong side of the pond?

Arguing with these blokes is like running in the Special Olympics.........Even if they win, their still retarded......

• treo

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:01 PM

I have not seen one of you wankers pay out on anyone in the AMA, they all run "loud" pipes. I think you are all barking up the wrong tree.................

You just don't get it, you stupid f.uck! I couldn't care less about your third world country. As much as I hate the friggin greenies here, there's more of them, than us. Everytime a loud pipe pisses off a person, they (the greenies) get one more supporter. You are full of $hit, if you say that you can ride your bike to it's full potential.

• treo

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:01 PM

Notice how the biggest stink is coming from the mates on the wrong side of the pond?

Arguing with these blokes is like running in the Special Olympics.........Even if they win, their still retarded......

LMAO, good point...

• Matty05

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:38 PM

Dude, pull your head out of your a$$! I gaurantee that 99.9% of riders on this board, or in the world that are ANY faster when they get a louder "higher performing" pipe. Maybe the bike is slightly faster, and I mean slightly, but there's no way you, me or just about anybody on the earth can ride the "stock" system to it's full potential. Until you can, try not to screw up our riding areas by running loud pipes. Maybe you don't understand what a big issue it is here in the US.

What are you saying??? Maybe you can't ride the stock bike to it's full potential, but never assume that someone else cant. :cry: I ride 3 - 6 times a week, Have done for years. :cry:
Most people here only ride that a year. :cry:

By your ideas, NO ONE should do free mods to their bike because it is a waste of time. Does this sound stupid to you??? Your rashionalization certainly does to me.

If it is such a BIG ISSUE in the USA, then why are these systems available? :bonk: Could it be that somebody somewhere (yes, even in your own country!) can use these?

I pick up a copy of "Motocross Action" and they rate the Whitebro's carbon pro 2 a 5 star product, same with the procircuit Ti GP system. When I pick up an issue of "Dirtbike" the American offroad mag, all I see is all the riders, not just the top riders, using systems such as the Procircuit Ti GP lowboy system, the Yoshimura system and FMF factory 4.1 systems. What the hell do "young" people go out and do???? You guessed it, buy what their fravorite rider is using.

I am not being negative against you or anyone else here (you may think that I am) but why bag out people that can legally and with out consequence use them??? I am still trying to figure this out. OK, you don't like loud pipes. I absolutely love the performance gain of my pipe. It has added the most power to my bike out of all the things I have done to it. Here is something that may shock you, if I had have got myself a YZ450, I would have left it STANDARD. I didn't get a YZ because I ride offroad. The stock WR sucks ass and ANYONE here will tell you so. My bike is now on par power wise to a YZ. It is alot easier to ride with that power, I am 240lb, I need it. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cactus73

Posted January 07, 2006 - 12:03 AM

Come on - spill the beans, what you got?
I bet you mine is faster!

Posted Image

I bet you're wrong. Quieter and way faster.

• Cactus73

Posted January 07, 2006 - 12:27 AM

I suggest you READ the THREAD TITLE before jumping on the quiet pipe bandwagon. Maybe your reading glasses need a tune up? :applause:

Maybe your glasses aren't thick enough. The thread was started by a guy that lives in California that doesn't give a sh!t about noise. I couldn't care less about your loud pipe in Australia. I do give a sh!t about a moron in the US that has no regard for anybody but himself. This is not your fight, so I don't know why you're wasting your time fighting it.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 07, 2006 - 12:40 AM

Yes, the stock pipe is crap. But there is a difference between upgrading to a free exhaust system and running a 106db pipe "because I don't give a damn about noise levels, the louder the better".

In our sport in the USA, "the louder the better attitude" will kill the riding areas that we have left. It's a major contributor to the decline of OHV areas. Yes, there are other reasons why areas get closed but we should all be responsible people here and try to look at the big picture. I'm no liberal or treehugger, I'm just trying to do my best to show the public that we are responsible people.

• ARin

Posted January 07, 2006 - 12:45 AM

even "quiet" pipes move the power band around, so that it is in more "usable" areas...like down low, or up high...whatever you prefer.

I had a dramatic increase in low end torque and tractor like climbing power with the addition of my "quiet" white brothers e2 pipe, and with no loss of power elsewhere.. It sounds GREAT, but doesnt make your ears bleed either.

• Triumphs

Posted January 07, 2006 - 06:36 AM

i cant believe that people are still arguing about this topic! there are 3 reasons that riding areas are getting closed; 1) the noise, 2) the noise, 3) you guessed it, the NOISE!!!

Yep. 35 years after the old "Less sound= more ground" campaigns we are still fighting (and perhaps losing) the same battle, and even seem to be our own enemy thanks to ignorance, apathy or a simple lack of consideration!

Having worked with recreational user groups in the past, noise is easilly the biggest issue, the hardest to defened against, and one of the easiest to prevent. While trying to rationalize our behaviour we dismiss opposition here as "environmentalist" or "anti motoring" when they are usually just people who don't want to be annoyed at the home or cottage, and generally have no other agenda. Other matters on the environmentalist agenda can be addressed by actual facts...but the fact here is simply that we are pi$$ing people off, and creating opponents that would not otherwise exist!

• treo

Posted January 07, 2006 - 07:17 AM

If it is such a BIG ISSUE in the USA, then why are these systems available? :cry: Could it be that somebody somewhere (yes, even in your own country!) can use these?

I pick up a copy of "Motocross Action" and they rate the Whitebro's carbon pro 2 a 5 star product, same with the procircuit Ti GP system. When I pick up an issue of "Dirtbike" the American offroad mag, all I see is all the riders, not just the top riders, using systems such as the Procircuit Ti GP lowboy system, the Yoshimura system and FMF factory 4.1 systems. What the hell do "young" people go out and do???? You guessed it, buy what their favorite rider is using.

I am not being negative against you or anyone else here (you may think that I am) but why bag out people that can legally and with out consequence use them??? I am still trying to figure this out. OK, you don't like loud pipes. I absolutely love the performance gain of my pipe. It has added the most power to my bike out of all the things I have done to it. Here is something that may shock you, if I had have got myself a YZ450, I would have left it STANDARD. I didn't get a YZ because I ride offroad. The stock WR sucks ass and ANYONE here will tell you so. My bike is now on par power wise to a YZ. It is alot easier to ride with that power, I am 240lb, I need it. :applause:

Again, I think you are missing our point here. It's not an issue of legality. It's an issue of pissing people off that HATE the noise. I personally don't mind the noise. I love it as a matter of fact. However, before I rode, I HATED the noise. It irritated me and made me "anxious". I completely understand where these people are coming from. You have parents here that couldn't care less if their kid is ripping up and down the street all day on his 250f and loud pipe. Should the parents not let their kids do it? Of course. However the issue is not parenting (we could start another thread that would go on for years about that), it's noise. Everytime somebody rips down the street, or past a horse rider, etc... they are pissing off somebody. Now that person may not have had an opinion one way or another on the "dirt bike noise" issue previously, however now they do. And it's not on our side. Now the opposition has gained one more vote when land closures come up in the next vote.
We are arguing about an issue that doesn't concern you. You're lucky that you don't have these issues to deal with in your country. We do. It sucks, but they need to be dealt with or we're doomed over here.

As far as kids are concerned, yes they do buy whatever the champ is using. So do the adults. All I have to say about that is they are sheep. They play follow the leader, and do what "everyone else is doing". The RM250 has argueably been the best 250 for a few years now, but you didn't see anybody on them until RC was last year. Why? Because they didn't have a championship rider. Once again, people are sheep. :cry: :cry:

The manufactures of loud systems are their own worse enemies. They are making these systems that will eventually put them out of business. The fact of the matter is, the dirt bike industry is influenced by sales in the US. If they don't start doing something about it now, we're all in trouble over here.

We should all be on the same side here. After all, we (you, I, and every other rider) should be strengthening our side by coming together. All we are trying to do is protect our dwindling riding areas.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going riding, then I'm off to Supercross, Anaheim 1.

:bonk:

• clark4131

Posted January 07, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Dear Aussies,

Please understand that we here in the Good Old US of A have different issues to deal with than you fine folks down under. You have lots of aboriginal lands to ride on with no one to give you a hard time...unless you pile your bikes over locked gates and piss off a shotgun-toting land owner :cry:. It's not the same here. We have eco-nazis, tree-huggers and neo-fascist liberals who, in the name of "preservation", want to dictate the very placement of our feet when we step off the pavement into the "wilderness", yet maintain they're the true champions of freedom. If you can figure that one out, please clue me in :applause:.

So, when someone hailing from the People's Republic of Kalyfornya posts an ignorant comment stating "I don't care about noise issues," we take it very seriously. As the old saying here goes, "As does California, so goes the rest of the nation." I live in Northwestern Nevada, the spillway for the California refugees who can no longer afford the ridiculously expensive lifestyle of their former state of residence. However, they don't realize that if they don't change their mindset along with their address, then Nevada will just need to be renamed East California. Currently, we don't have too many issues with land closures, noise problems and the like as 85% of Nevada is federally owned and opened to the public, and there is strong support not to turn into anything resembling our neighbor state. However, if you remember my Mountainbikers...Grrr!!! post, trouble is brewing.

I envy you your lack of dirtbike enemies, however, I think it would be advantageous to us all if you would set aside your ire when we Americans react to the issues that are constantly in the forefront of the future of our sport. Considering you're an entire hemisphere away, and therefore unaffected, how about giving us a hand when some newbie from the US pipes up with an ignorant statement like the one that set this thread ablaze. I for one cannot afford to trailer my bike to the Outback for a fun day of trail riding if that becomes our only option. Remember, we all are either part of the solution or part of the problem, there really is no in between. Thanks for listening, peace :bonk: ...SC

• huntmaster

Posted January 07, 2006 - 09:38 AM

We have eco-nazis, tree-huggers and neo-fascist liberals who, in the name of "preservation", want to dictate the very placement of our feet when we step off the pavement into the "wilderness", yet maintain they're the true champions of freedom. If you can figure that one out, please clue me in

All true, but the problem is, as noted elswhere, noise brings out opposition from more then just eco-nazis, and transcends all other issues.
You can't dismiss opponents of noise as tree huggers....most everyday cottagers, campers, homeowners simply don't want their ears assualted all day... and noise brings out opposition from those non-eco freaks who would otherwise at least tolerate our activities.

• Matty05

Posted January 08, 2006 - 02:22 AM

Ok guy's I am dropping the whole thing..................
Can't wait till FMF gets their asses into gear and comes out with their twin systems!
They are ment to add crap loads of power and drop lots off the Db scale too!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.