Yosh Pro Comp, Afterburner or Pro Circuit Pipe???

77 replies to this topic
  • stanleigh12

Posted December 11, 2005 - 06:30 AM

:ride: I need a pipe ofr 05 WR 450 and the more research I do the more :p I am.

I am interested in what works and improved performance and am not concerned about noise!! :applause:

Thanks!!!!

• Matty05

Posted December 11, 2005 - 04:18 PM

Not concerned about noise...............
Procircuit baby!!!!!! Very aggressive and adds a crap load of power everywhere.
I got the Ti GP lowboy system so bottom and mid are stronger than top.

White bro's carbon pro II supposed to be awesome too, but have to keep on top of keeping the packing good. A very reputable shop told me that carbon pro II made more power than Aluminium pro II. I thought they were the same?

• CISCO

Posted December 11, 2005 - 07:04 PM

The PC T4 is flat out OBNOXIOUSLY loud. Works well but stupidly loud. I vote for the YOSH so you can toss in the TEC and quiet it down when needed.

The Q2 and power bomb arent all that bad for a quiet system. :applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 11, 2005 - 08:44 PM

The PC T4 is flat out OBNOXIOUSLY loud.

Only for other people, the noise is behind you!

The noise does get to you a bit after a while (once the novelty of tripling your horsepower wears off :applause:), but you can get different inserts for the endcap to tone it down a few dB. I brought mine for power, not to be quiet.

I would like to see FMF bring out a twin piper for yamaha soon, I have read great things about them on CRF450R and RMZ450, like more hp than their single systems and just a bit louder than stock. You will need a fat wallet though!

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted December 11, 2005 - 10:59 PM

I'm going to go with YOSH also. Put a Yosh full exhaust on my 04 Raptor 660 and man does it hual ass! It's loud too which I like!

• bushman06

Posted December 12, 2005 - 11:58 AM

I put a yosh full system on mine and there is not one complaint i have about it! It is extremely well designed, it can be loud if you want or just pop in the insert and bring the db's down.

With the jetting right and all the mods done, my bike just bloody rips@!!!

• stanleigh12

Posted December 12, 2005 - 01:02 PM

My Yamaha mechaic who is also a test rider recommended FMF 4.1 Complete System and I am purchasing for under $700. He prefers FMF over the YOSH because it does not flatten out at either medium or high range acceleration. YOSH pulls better in the low range, but frankly, my style of riding is desert high speed .

Go FMF!

• bomax

Posted December 12, 2005 - 07:04 PM

damn i was gonna do the same thread!for my 06,
yosh trc alum or the pro cir ti4(i think to loud) or the fmf 4.1.

iam leaning on yosh cuz its cheaper and more durable finish.

• Matty05

Posted December 12, 2005 - 08:56 PM

damn i was gonna do the same thread!for my 06,
yosh trc alum or the pro cir ti4(i think to loud) or the fmf 4.1.

iam leaning on yosh cuz its cheaper and more durable finish.

They are all loud, don't fool yourself if you think that they are not!
Yoshumira make great pipes, it would be a good choice! :applause:

• Motone82

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:06 PM

PC Ti-4

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OlaGB

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:38 PM

Do you ride public roads with these pipes? Or deserts? :applause:

I think my FMF q is too loud without the insert, for road riding.. It`s cool to ride though..

• Matty05

Posted December 12, 2005 - 09:47 PM

I think my FMF q is too loud without the insert, for road riding.. It`s cool to ride though..

What??? you definately wouldn't want one of these babies!

I ride mine on the road, but it is just to get to the tracks or if I couldn't be bothered riding through the bush anymore.

It is not a daily commuter! That is just a waste of a bike.

• Motone82

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:12 PM

Are you kidding me? What about the Harley's??? They are ridiculous!!!!! My bike sounds electric powered compared to them! I have never been pulled over for sound.

• Matty05

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:15 PM

Are you kidding me? What about the Harley's??? They are ridiculous!!!!! My bike sounds electric powered compared to them! I have never been pulled over for sound.

That's my excuse :ride:
they are appearently allowed to because they didn't have mufflers back in the day. The new ones have to run mufflers, but they don't do squat. :applause:

• Motone82

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:19 PM

I am all about respecting the noise restrictions to keep our riding areas open, but if people are worried about noise they need to look to the Harley's. They are just plain OBNOXIOUS!!!!!!!

• Matty05

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:30 PM

not to mention SLOW!!!
The WR's would have way better 1/4 mile drag times............

• jobstress

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:39 PM

I am all about respecting the noise restrictions to keep our riding areas open, but if people are worried about noise they need to look to the Harley's. They are just plain OBNOXIOUS!!!!!!!

Its not the people on the highway complaining about the noise its the hikers, horses and mtn. bikers in the woods. Keep them quiet and keep areas open.

I have a FMF Q with power bomb header great power and quiet.

• Matty05

Posted December 12, 2005 - 10:46 PM

Keep them quiet and keep areas open.

Although good in theory - people still hate dirtbikes..........
Just read some of the crap in the mountain bike thread! (much crap by me :applause: )

• Jeff-inSD

Posted January 03, 2006 - 12:03 PM

I am interested in what works and improved performance and am not concerned about noise!!

You my friend are elgible for the Darwin Award.

Your in Cali and say you don't care about noise? If I ran across an idiot like you, I'd let my wife bioch slap you till your other testacle droped finally.

Your just plain stupid, and the root of our shrinking riding lands. Do us all a favor and huck it over a tripple without making it all the way......... :bonk:

I'm normally laid back, but chumps like you bring out the worst in me......... That's all I gotta say before............... :applause:

• JSanfilippo

Posted January 03, 2006 - 01:17 PM

Its not the people on the highway complaining about the noise its the hikers, horses and mtn. bikers in the woods.

If thats the case we should all get together and try to ban hikers, horeses, and mtn. bikers :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.