Ride sept 8th gerogetown

28 replies to this topic
  • MONTY

Posted August 31, 2001 - 06:33 AM

You guys up for other loop at gerogetown on the 8th of sept,I'll show you the upper trails.We wiil stage at bald mont, and run out from there 5000ft.
monty

• John_in_Granite_Bay

Posted August 31, 2001 - 07:58 AM

Monty,
Sounds good to me. My calendar looks open but will let you know after I visit the kitchen.
JOHN

• ricky1

Posted August 31, 2001 - 11:42 AM

I would love to, but I will be in Dave Wood's clinic on the 8th.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 31, 2001 - 12:20 PM

ricky1 - I thought you were in the Sept 22/23 class?

Brian

• ricky1

Posted August 31, 2001 - 12:47 PM

:cool:Both! :)

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

[This message has been edited by ricky1 (edited August 31, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ricky1 (edited August 31, 2001).]

• MONTY

Posted August 31, 2001 - 02:01 PM

Ok guys sound good let me know and we can meet at the nugget cafe again 8;00am
monty

• PMAUST

Posted August 31, 2001 - 02:18 PM

Monty, hopefully my shoulder we be usable again by them. It is getting better everyday. I will definately try to be there this time! I'm tired of missing all these good rides. Thanks, P :D Besides, I'm still trying to figure out how John turns that dang thang when the front wheel never seems to touch the ground! :)

• MONTY

Posted September 02, 2001 - 05:46 PM

Hay guys I went up to stonyford today to take a look at the frie damage man it is bad all the trees in davis flat are going to come down due to frie damage,gray pine camp grounds brunt to the ground,they lost the trail cat for cutting the trails what a mess.But the good news is they are working 6 days a week on rebuilding and getting the trails reopened. the fire is still bruning in the under growth in the snow mont, area but that will not effect the motorcyle trials or ridding area, it's the wilderness area thats still bruing I was told that it will take the rains and snow fall to get it all out.Y ou can go to the web page and they have pics,and news on the frie at Mendocino national forest.
monty

• junglejim

Posted September 02, 2001 - 07:29 PM

Monty, I went to check out Stonyford on Thursday and found the same results as you. It was sure devastating as I have been riding there for over 30 years. A thing that surprised me was that none of the outhouses or picnic tables burned. There must have been a few anxious moments at the Boys Ranch with the fire blazing completely around it....

Jim

• MONTY

Posted September 03, 2001 - 08:12 AM

Jim they said all the people at the boys ranch went to the center building it was new and made of bolcks not wood but they lost the out building that you could see from the road(the old chuch building)they said the frie started at M10 AND M5 just as you go around at the top before droping down to davis flats,what a mess.
monty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • junglejim

Posted September 03, 2001 - 09:32 PM

Yes, Monty, I heard the same story re: Boys Ranch and I saw the burned buildings. Too bad about Brittan's Ranch, too.

Maybe I'll see you at Downieville if the weather cools off and we get a little moisture.

Jim

• MONTY

Posted September 03, 2001 - 09:48 PM

Jim you ridding the downeyville ride, cool I'll be camping at the cal-ida camp ground hopefully if my trailer will fit in there hope to see you up there.
monty

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted September 03, 2001 - 04:11 PM

I may be in also. Will get back with you. Just got back from Colorado for the Labor day weekend, so I have to convince my wife that I need a ride. We shall see. I'll tell you what, Colorado is an incredible state. I think I will retire there. I fly fished for 3 days, played some golf, witnessed some great riding trails. If there is paradise, I believe I found it. And that is only for the summer months. Winter and sking must be wonderful as well. What a great state. Those who live there have it made.

Mike

• ricky1

Posted September 04, 2001 - 07:24 AM

MONTY

When is the Downieville ride?

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

• MONTY

Posted September 04, 2001 - 10:14 AM

Hay Ricky1 the downeyville ride is the29th of sept, per entery date ends on sept10th you going to ride it?
we are all camping at the cal-ida camp ground so get your butt in gear and lets ride.
monty

• MONTY

Posted September 04, 2001 - 10:19 AM

Mike CO, is geart I rode there last year at woodland park and rampart I plan to go back next year on my cross counrty trip,I'll be taking a month off and going across the USA riding all the hot spot and hooking up with some of these east cost guys.
monty

• John_in_Granite_Bay

Posted September 05, 2001 - 09:24 PM

Monty et.al.,
Doesn't look good for me this weekend at Goergetown. Have long overdue honey-dos. Hope the rest of the gang can make it and I'm looking forward to the next ride.

• MONTY

Posted September 06, 2001 - 06:15 AM

Mike and others are you guys going this weekend let me know, if not then we will plan a differnt week end.
monty

• John_in_Granite_Bay

Posted September 07, 2001 - 09:25 PM

Monty,
FYI Mike in Roseville may not have seen your post yet. I got an email from him that he can't make Goergetown this Saturday.

• ricky1

Posted September 07, 2001 - 01:19 PM

MONTY

I hope you saw my earlier post, I will be in Downieville. See you next time.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'81 490 Maico

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.