Gray wire?????

5 replies to this topic
  • Ronin

Posted August 31, 2001 - 03:44 AM

I need some more help here, what is all this gray wire b/s about??? Does it change the ignition mapping to perform more like a YZ?? and how the hell do I find the wire on a 2001 WR426?

thanks in advance,
Ronin

• Ga426owner

Posted August 31, 2001 - 04:03 AM

Ronin, do a search on Grey wire. This has been discussed, tested, implemented by just about every WR owner on this site. There is even picture of the Grey wire, from YamaCasi on file. Find it, cut it, your bike will be a new beast.

• Canuck

Posted August 31, 2001 - 04:14 AM

take your seat off, can't miss it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ronin

Posted September 01, 2001 - 04:20 AM

i cant seem to find any info on the gray wire for my WR426. Also, under the seat is only the wiring for the tail light. Please help me.

Thanks,
Ronin

• Pooley

Posted September 03, 2001 - 02:56 PM

Try searching "grey" and "gray" wire, it's there.

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 03, 2001 - 03:33 PM

right side of your main frame's backbone.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.