2004 WR Forks

2 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted December 09, 2005 - 11:54 PM

Any of you guys raised your front forks? If so does it help in the turns? Mine are still at the factory setting but I'd like to try raising them cause everytime I turn it feels like the front wheel wants to wash out on me. I read something about a 10mm raise. Does that sound correct?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted December 10, 2005 - 05:29 AM

15mm up is where mine have been for years. Turns much better in quick right left woods riding. :applause: Steering damper also helps when you do this. :ride:

Posted December 10, 2005 - 06:59 AM

How much do you weigh? Seriously if your over ~ 165 you might want to think about a heavier rear spring. Surprisingly the rear suspension has a lot of effect on the way the bike handles. I go 185 and put a 5.6kg spring on. Most guys are going 5.6 or 5.8 (some of the big guys go even higher). The stock spring is too soft for most riders and that unloads weight off the front end. The ride is really not any harsher because you won't need as much preload to get the sag set correctly. You'll be surprised how much better it handles once the suspension is balanced.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.