lets say half SuperMoto

7 replies to this topic
  • B-Rock

Posted December 08, 2005 - 08:41 PM

I have a 2005 WR450F that I have had for about 4 months now (so thats like 2 months before the snow hit... I live in Ontario)

I am in the middle of doing all my free mods while it is away for winter. And I was wondering what else is recommended to do this beast to make it slightly more suited to riding on the road. I will admit it... I ride'er on the street more then in the dirt..... I'd say about 75% street 25% dirt. I know it's ashame... :applause:

Anyways, to get to the point

I don't want to go total Supermoto with the little 17in slick tires and everything, but I do want all this street riding to be "easier" (for lack of a better word) on my new baby.

Any suggestions to let me have the best of both worlds? I love the dirt too damn much to go total Supermoto.

All opinions are welcome :ride:

- B-Rock

• Matty05

Posted December 08, 2005 - 08:56 PM

Stiffer suspension, higher gearing like 15/50 or 15/48, dual purpose tyres.

I have used a dunlop 606 rear tyre on mine and got 1600 or so kms out of it.
It was the most aggressive dualy tyre I could find. Not as good as mx tyres off road, but still grippy. Very grippy on the road, but there are way more road orientated dualy's available.

• simon@vic

Posted December 09, 2005 - 10:00 AM

i say leave everything except the front sprocket. go up one tooth to 15T.

• B-Rock

Posted December 09, 2005 - 02:27 PM

wow quick respones......right on

sounds easy enough to accomplish.... i will look into both

thanks guys

- B-Rock

'05 WR450F - Street Legal

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted December 09, 2005 - 05:14 PM

Where are you in Ontario?

• B-Rock

Posted December 09, 2005 - 08:32 PM

Sault Ste Marie...been here for 4 years .... Kingston is "home" though

- B-Rock

• Bamster

Posted December 10, 2005 - 09:45 AM

Cornwall . You ride in Limerick forest when you were in Kingston?
It's north of Prescot.

• turbojedi

Posted December 11, 2005 - 07:06 AM

If you want to go "half" you could put a 15 on the front and run avon distanzia tires. My buddy has em on his KTM and they are stiiiiicky. I go about four clicks in from my off road susp settings and to a 15 in the front. It seems to work. BTW my dad and family are from west bay, and sault st marie MI

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.