XR600 or 500 engine wanted

10 replies to this topic
  • azdragoon

Posted December 08, 2005 - 07:21 PM

I'm looking for a good used complete eng for a XR600 or 500 for a possible project I may build. I would need carb and exh. header as well. Rebuildabe is ok too. PM me with any info, thanks, Matt

• wr450fyamaha

Posted December 08, 2005 - 07:43 PM

www.ebay.com

• azdragoon

Posted December 08, 2005 - 08:20 PM

Ya, already tried that, and I'm currently seaching ebay as well. I was hoping someone might have one laying around on TT.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 08, 2005 - 10:32 PM

THeres acutally two on Ebay right now...

Just search XR500 and XR600 in Ebay motors...

• azdragoon

Posted December 09, 2005 - 09:06 AM

Shawn, I can't seem to find them. I've looked under xr600, xr 600, ect. Only engines in parts. The only one I've found so far is in a Ebay Store. They want $700 and then plus shipping carb, exh, electronics it will be $1000 or more. I can almost buy a bike for that. If you willing to list the ebay item number or a link, I'd be thankful.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted December 09, 2005 - 12:17 PM

I would have sworn I just saw one yesterday...IM going to go back and look again...

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 09, 2005 - 12:41 PM

I would have sworn I just saw one yesterday...IM going to go back and look again...

Welp..nuthin... :applause:

Check the vintage forum too...

and the XL600 and XL650 motors were the same basic motor

• ThunderChicken

Posted December 09, 2005 - 01:01 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWD1V

• azdragoon

Posted December 09, 2005 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Thunderchicken, I saw that one already, it's what I was talking about in my original thread. It would probably be $1000 to get shipped with needed items to male it run. I just got a PM from a TTer with a xr500 eng torn apart. He hasn't given me a price yet. If I can't find one here I'll probably pick the one off ebay. Thanks for the link.

• ThunderChicken

Posted December 09, 2005 - 04:30 PM

i wasn't sure if that was the one you were talking about or not.

yeah, $700 is insane. i like kritter's philosohy on evolution bikes pre- Y2k... unless it's mint or a collectable...$500 bucks...and that's for an entire bike.

i'm going to be looking for an XR engine from the 80s to put in a XL 600 rolling chassis.

you just have to wait and be an opportunist i spose.

one place to check out is the AMA district 37 messageboard. there's lots of older desert racers with XR stuff laying around in their garage. a couple months ago i was asking for a set of XR 600 forks and triple clamp for a future transalp project and i got 4 solid leads. plus those guys, most the time just want a little money for the trouble and are happy knowing the stuff is getting used.

here's a link to the D37 messageboard: http://www.district37ama.org/home.php

seems like ebay, like cycle trader, has turned into a "prospector's haven." best bet for finding stuff cheap is word of mouth.

• azdragoon

Posted December 09, 2005 - 05:29 PM

Thanks again for the link Thunderchicken. Yes, I agree people are going overboard with prices lately. About 10 years ago I picked up a strong running XR500 for $500. I'll post an ad on AMA.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.