New 06 WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • FOZZ

Posted December 08, 2005 - 05:34 PM

OH YA - The R1s going to have to move over alittle to make room for his new garage buddy... Picked up a new 06 WR450 for a super moto street bike project - I have been getting wood thinking about a motard for months so while I was checking out the new bikes in the shop I just decided to apply for a Yamaha card - Got approved for $11000 so I just bought it.. Bam 2.9 APR for 12 months about $525 a month for 12 months (no biggie)

Well enough of the BS - Getting a set of Alum Marchesinis & a set of Pilot Powers to start & going to turn this monster into a street warrior - Ohlins goodies next...

Sorry about the pic - It took me about 10 different batteries to muster up 1 quick pic...

Posted Image

• Flip01

Posted December 08, 2005 - 05:58 PM

Sooooooooo..... whatcha gonna do with your stock wheels?? :applause:

• FOZZ

Posted December 08, 2005 - 06:05 PM

Sell em - I suppose

• FOZZ

Posted December 08, 2005 - 07:13 PM

Any tips on getting this bike setup for the streets other than the basic mods ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bcs

Posted December 08, 2005 - 07:58 PM

Fozz,
Congrats on the new ride. I have been suffering the same problem, and I'm gonna get one tomorrow if the dealer is inclined to make a fair deal.

Check out this thread, where most of the important performance mods were described in detail in the last couple days. I think the key buy is the Yamaha AIS removal kit. Apparently it has the jets, needle, etc, and instructions, whereas some of the aftermarket kits just have parts to block off the openings.

2006 performance mods

Someone give me one good reason not to, or else I'm going to the dealer tomorrow. Anybody?

• Matty05

Posted December 08, 2005 - 08:21 PM

I think the key buy is the Yamaha AIS removal kit. Apparently it has the jets, needle, etc, and instructions, whereas some of the aftermarket kits just have parts to block off the openings.

Definately!

You can get a JD jetting kit later on if you could be bothered. You will only use one needle out of it anyway, but I am happy with the needle I use.

If I got another new bike, I would get SUSPENSION SET UP FIRST!

Then Yamaha AIS removal kit, GYT-R propower slip on muffler, vortex ignition, JD jetting kit. These I would buy all together. You only need a slip on muffler, the money you save on a full system can buy you the AIS kit, vortex, JD kit.
Definately get another muffler, the performance gain is phenominal. Don't bother with the stock muffler at all.

• bcs

Posted December 08, 2005 - 10:21 PM

Matty,
I haven't ridden one of these yet. What specifically do you think needs to be done to the suspension? I weigh 180, so the springs are probably gonna be close to the right spring rates. So do you think I can dial it in--with the stock adjustments--and get it working pretty good? What specifically would you do? Re-valve it?

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 09, 2005 - 09:09 AM

I'd be interested in purchasing your 18" wheel whole if you're selling it. Granted does anyone know if it will fit the 03 YZ450? I"m assuming it does.

PM please for informationif interested.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.