650R Gel seat pad anyone ??

6 replies to this topic
  • mtrhd101

Posted December 08, 2005 - 12:15 AM

Has anyone tried one of the Gel seat pads like from Saddleman on the 650R or anything else for that matter ?? I do some distance riding on the 650R (Duel sport) and even with the Guts tall seat it's not that good.. Surely some of you guys have tried one of those Gel pads you just strap onto your seat.. Input please before I spend more useless money trying to get this seat thing sorted out.. :applause:

• TimBrp

Posted December 08, 2005 - 03:42 AM

I just went with a soft std. size seat foam and a gripper seat(a must, IMO) and do not get monkey butt really at all anymore. Although I'm not on the seat too much.

• al_piv

Posted December 08, 2005 - 04:47 AM

If your are looking for a quality Dual sport seat check out http://www.renazco.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted December 08, 2005 - 08:48 AM

in the past, I've owned gel pads, Corbin seats, Airhawks pads, etc, etc, ... Im back to my old standby, a sheepskin thrown over the seat ... it just dont get any better :applause:

• trailsurfer

Posted December 08, 2005 - 09:27 AM

Renazco Racing rocks, I just got my XR650R seat back from James (the owner) and it is unreal. I'm 6'6", he made it 3 inch's taller than stock, changed the shape, and uses special foam and a suede cover. The bike now fits perfect and the seat eliminates allot of vibration when on the road, very comfortable. Give him a call, he's a real gentleman and a pleasure to work with. He's really into getting it right for each individual. Highly recommended.

• Roll_it_on

Posted December 08, 2005 - 10:11 AM

Now with a testimonial like that you have to include pictures in order to make it complete. I've been thinking about doing the same so pics would be great. :applause:

• trailsurfer

Posted December 08, 2005 - 11:32 AM

Yes I will, I also promised to send James some pics as well. My friends said it looks like a "Steve Stackable" seat. If you were a motocrosser in the 70's you would know, he was real tall and had a very tall seat on his Maico. I will try and post a pic by tomorrow.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.