L.E.D.'s

7 replies to this topic
  • XRidiculous

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Doing an update on my street-legal package, and I'm wondering if any supplier is on the pulse with this idea.

I like 'em because they're durable and last forever, and they are bright

I know about a spinning rear brake light (l.e.d.).

I have the Acerbis Rally guards with Turn Signals,

And some flush mount signals for the rear, which need replacement.

This would really help out the 8 AA pack that comes with the Baja Designs Kit.

Already wound the stator for a 110/90 bulb-that was well worth it.

Thanks in advance.

• snaggleXR650

Posted December 08, 2005 - 05:34 AM

On a separate but related note; What configuration did you use to wind your stator? Size of wire, number of turns per pole, number of poles etc... Are you using the stock regulator/rect. or Baja Designs reg/rect? More info please. I've got a dually 55/60W setup that I'm getting ready to hook up.

• XRidiculous

Posted December 08, 2005 - 03:00 PM

Had Baja Designs rewind the stator-I have no technical data for you.

On a related note: I found out that my set-up will run HID LIGHTS, which I want to do on the bike, and a quad I have.

• XRidiculous

Posted December 08, 2005 - 03:01 PM

I have a Baja Designs Reg/REC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaveySprocket

Posted December 08, 2005 - 07:42 PM

Are you looking for LED indicators or something else? As far as indicators, there are probably lots of different ones available. I just put these on my XR: http://www.daveyspro...dicator_new.jpg

They seem to be good quality. I think I bought them from www.bikebandit.com

The only issue is that there does not seem to be enough resistance to get the relay to cycle, so they were just staying on instead of blinking. I hooked up just the fronts along with the stock Baja Designs indicators in the rear, and they are cycling fine. I should just need to add some resistors, though I have not figured that out yet.

HTH,
Dave

• XRidiculous

Posted December 09, 2005 - 09:56 AM

Good Info!

But I want a set of flush mount for the rear-every once and a while I throw the whole bike down

• Naru

Posted December 09, 2005 - 11:19 AM

I just installed a set of flush-mount LED indicators that I'm very pleased with. Every set I've seen until now I though was pretty damn ugly, but Lockhart Phillips just came out with a set called the 'Scoop' indicator. I tried in vain to find pictures on the web, but there are a few auctions for them up on Ebay. Click here. They run $19.99 a pair, but work well and are very low profile.

Note: They are MUCH smaller than they look in the pictures. They are -tiny-.

• XRidiculous

Posted December 09, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Yeah,
I saw those, but the picture from Ebay helped. The size is perfect-because the light is bright.

Now I'm going to work on that resistance equation-who would of thought we would need a way to dump power because the lights dont draw enough for a relay?

Thanks

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.