Mountainbikers...Grrrr!

138 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted December 09, 2005 - 12:36 PM

The classic definiton of the word and the contemporary definition bear no resemblance to each other. According to the "wikipedia" definition, the Founding Fathers were "liberals." If they were classified as such under today's definition of the word, I'm quite sure they would spin in their graves...but what about them darn mountain bikers and their Birkenstock/Greenpeace/PETA ideologies? They sure burn my keister...SC

• bg10459

Posted December 09, 2005 - 12:45 PM

The fundamental principles of liberalism include individual rights (the right to life, liberty, and property)

Funny though, that liberals are the ones who believe that your right to bear arms should be revoked. I'm not sure any party really sticks to their fundamental principles.

But let's hear it for Clark4131 for starting such an entertaining thread. Who would have guessed it would evolve to this?
..... or did this really happen? Are you really just a 2-smoke rider who is trolling and looking to stir the pot? :applause:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 09, 2005 - 12:51 PM

The fundamental principles of liberalism include individual rights (the right to life, liberty, and property)
:applause:

[COLOR=Sienna]Correction:[/COLOR]

The fundamental principles of liberalism is control of individual's rights to life, liberty, and property!

• clark4131

Posted December 09, 2005 - 01:01 PM

Just call me "Big Spoon" Clark. But alas, I truly am a lowly WR rider set upon by the injustice of the greenies. I sought only to share my plight with my fellow knobby-tired victims in an effort to commiserate our declining popularity among the bead-stringin', whale-watchin', seal-savin', tree-spikin', dirt-worshippin', trail-closin', tie dye-twistin', joint-rollin', dope-smokin', hybrid-drivin', birkenstock-shufflin', dreadlock-twirlin', bongo-thumpin', death penalty-protestin', trust fund-spendin', Berkeley-graduatin', Kerry-votin', soldier-hatin', flag-burnin', Iraq-surrenderin', hemp-wearin', tax-raisin', entitlement-givin' hippies that owe their very existence to the tax paying citizens they love to deride. Thank you, good night...SC

• CharlesFP

Posted December 09, 2005 - 01:56 PM

Clark4131, thanks for clarifying who the enemy is.
Back in high school, when the Dead were still touring, I knew a lot of people who fit the description you provided. They were all vegans and peta types as well. Ironically, they all wore Birkinstocks, which are made of calve skin. Is that not the most classic contridiction in the world. Birks and a shirt that says "meat is murder." They wear their stupidity in public view. They also drove smokey, inefficient, polluting VW vans.
I love how modern "greenies" (maybe the most approptriate single word to describe them) are talking about "bio-diesel" as if its some sort of new, clean alternative fuel. Hilarious. "Bio-diesel" is just as polluting as regular diesel. What a bunch of idiots.

• tony1970

Posted December 09, 2005 - 06:40 PM

what the hell are you talking about? i own and ride a bicycle so i'm a greenie liberal? hello, on earth people would wonder about the logical processes that would lead you to such a mistaken conclusion. i'm an active member of BRC and probably the single hardest-working activist for motorized recreation in white pine county. please get a clue before shooting off your mouth.

some of things i have posted in this thread are examples of an advanced form of discourse known as 'irony'. i.e., it's ironic that some people who whine and bitch about being excluded from trails are perfectly happy to exclude other people. that's called being a selfish shortsighted prick, and it contributes to us losing trails.

Please accept my apologies. Had a few drinks that night. I took your message the wrong way and I went into a blind rant. :applause: We need to stick together as a group, not to be enemies. Lets just ride. :ride:

• velosapiens

Posted December 09, 2005 - 07:53 PM

Please accept my apologies. Had a few drinks that night. I took your message the wrong way and I went into a blind rant. :applause: We need to stick together as a group, not to be enemies. Lets just ride. :ride:

no worries mate. after rereading some of what i wrote i realized it wasn't really obvious that i was being ironic rather than actually advocating kicking dirtbikes off trails. so i apologize for biting your head off when the misunderstanding probably originated on my part.

in the extra-double ironic category, i just sent in my trailwork resume (over 170 hours of volunteer trailwork and advocacy last year for motorized recreation) to BRC to see if i can invited to the dirtrider 24hr test. hopefully i won't run into any of those damn mtn bikers on the way.

• matt113

Posted December 09, 2005 - 08:29 PM

actually, liberal political thought is not really related to tree-hugger-ness. i'm not sure most of youse guys know what liberalism really mean, except the crap you hear on fox news. plenty of dirtbikers are fairly liberal politically. here's the wikipedia definition:

sounds to me like treehuggers are generally NOT liberals, in particular because they support only the freedom of *certain* actions by individuals.

we should jus clasify them as hippies

• TARFELE

Posted December 09, 2005 - 08:33 PM

I am gonna be sick, Smoochi Smoochi, Kiss Kiss

• tony1970

Posted December 09, 2005 - 09:02 PM

I am gonna be sick, Smoochi Smoochi, Kiss Kiss

:ride: :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tony1970

Posted December 09, 2005 - 09:04 PM

no worries mate. after rereading some of what i wrote i realized it wasn't really obvious that i was being ironic rather than actually advocating kicking dirtbikes off trails. so i apologize for biting your head off when the misunderstanding probably originated on my part.

in the extra-double ironic category, i just sent in my trailwork resume (over 170 hours of volunteer trailwork and advocacy last year for motorized recreation) to BRC to see if i can invited to the dirtrider 24hr test. hopefully i won't run into any of those damn mtn bikers on the way.

Hope you get to go. Good luck. :applause:

• rushfan

Posted December 10, 2005 - 07:31 AM

Holy $h!t !! This has got to be the most intense topic I have ever read on this forum. I couldn't imagine how this would go if we were all sitting aound a table drinking beer. Then again, maybe I can...
We all should keep in mind, that if we are all lucky enough to get outside and ride anything, then we are all lucky...period. :applause:

• dman450f

Posted December 10, 2005 - 01:57 PM

Holy $h!t !! This has got to be the most intense topic I have ever read on this forum. I couldn't imagine how this would go if we were all sitting aound a table drinking beer. Then again, maybe I can...
We all should keep in mind, that if we are all lucky enough to get outside and ride anything, then we are all lucky...period. :ride:

We should all get together some day ...just pick a destination and load up our bikes , camping gear , and oh yeah ...lots of BEER !! :applause: Wouldnt that be a blast ??

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 10, 2005 - 01:58 PM

End the conversation before it starts, ride with a matchete zip-tied to the front of your chest protector............................................

• rushfan

Posted December 10, 2005 - 04:34 PM

We should all get together some day ...just pick a destination and load up our bikes , camping gear , and oh yeah ...lots of BEER !! :ride: Wouldnt that be a blast ??

Sound great! Lets do it. Hollister is a blast to camp. So is Stonyford. Can I bring my mntbike??? :applause:

• dman450f

Posted December 10, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Sound great! Lets do it. Hollister is a blast to camp. So is Stonyford. Can I bring my mntbike??? :ride:

yes , bring the mountain bike, I will sit in the basket and hold the beer ! :applause:

• 426mankiller

Posted December 10, 2005 - 05:54 PM

This mountain bike rider is definitely ill informed. Lets see... the four inches of dirt you need for your bike is tearing up the environment....well, what does he think will happen when the four wheelers find his trail? And that is nothing if you have ever seen what happens when a bunch of 4X4 jeeps get together. I think the only environmental pollution that day was the dysentary coming from the guys brain that couldn't even enjoy a day outdoors without spreading his misery to everybody else.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted December 10, 2005 - 06:03 PM

I thought I'd share this little adventure and see if anyone else has dealt with this crap. As I was riding yesterday, I was on some tight singletrack that is used by both motorcycles and mtn. bikes. I was headed downhill and a guy on a mtn. bike was headed up. Out of courtesy, I pulled over and stopped to let him pass so he wouldn't lose momentum...I mtn. bike too so I know what a pain it is to get restarted going up hill. As he pedaled by me, I nodded at him and he started yelling at me calling me an a-hole and that I'm going to ruin the environment, get the mountain closed, yada, yada, yada. I got off my bike and blocked his route saying that if he wanted to call me an a-hole for being courteous, he had better be prepared to ball up his fists and defend himself. Long story short, he turned his bike around and pedaled his eco-nazi keister the hell out of there. I guess he realized that his spandex unitard wasn't quite as imposing and protective as my gear. Perhaps I shouldn't have reacted quite so hotly as I did, but damn it, I was trying to be respectful and he went treehugger on me. Come to think of it, I should have roosted him into a ravine :applause: ...SC

Damn health nuts!

• kannahavemore

Posted December 10, 2005 - 06:51 PM

it doesnt just happen to motorcyclists, I was on a pack trip in the high sierra with six others on horseback w/ muletrain as well. we all pulled off the trail at about 10500 ft to let a backpacker by, as he passed he said and repeated to each of us, thankyou for ruining our wilderness, over and over to each of us. This was ten years ago and I still want to kick this guys ass!!! - yep I backpack yep I ride horses and yep I ride dirt bikes and yep I ride mountain bikes

• Gadsen

Posted December 10, 2005 - 06:56 PM

My apologies, I didn't realize your self-esteem was so fragile. Besides, this wasn't my first experience with this type of schmuck...

Clark, ignore him, you did just perfect IMHO! You encountered him with an open mind and it went sideways. You did just fine under the circumstances. I will be ready for my greenie Mt biker encounter now. And as for the horsemen, I've always had nice encounters with them also.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.