Jackets & Armor

7 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted December 06, 2005 - 09:46 PM

I took a little spin this afternoon and it was freakin' cold!!! 40 degrees max and too much snow to get over the summit, so I stayed in the foothills. Anyway, I decided I need an Enduro-type jacket, probably a Moose XCR or something similar, but I'm curious about how the whole armor issue works. Inside or outside? I'm figuring under the jacket is the way to go, but I also bring a camelbak with me so that adds yet another wrinkle. You chilly weather riders, now don't be shy, speak up and let me know how y'all go about it. Danca...SC

• Matty05

Posted December 07, 2005 - 02:21 AM

Here mate, you can get jackets with inbuilt armour and camelbak.
http://www.mcleodacc...rallycross.html

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 07, 2005 - 03:53 AM

I run the Moose expedition jacket and pants! Fantastic product. :applause: I run elbow guards, roost, and kidney belt under the jacket. Size the jacket large enough so you can do that. I put my camelback pack overtop. The roost under provides a nice layer of warm air between you and the jacket and provides better breathability for the Goretex jacket fabric and keeps the wind out very well! Sweet combination with PolyPropylene undergarments keeps me warm down to 30 degree riding. Get MSR Cold Pro gloves as well! Watch al your buddies whine while you are comfortable. :ride:

• TARFELE

Posted December 07, 2005 - 06:03 AM

What is the MSRP on the DriRider jacket and tell me a dealer that can get them. I got my Checkbook. The only issue I see is the REMOVABLE waterproof liner. I dont like the outer shell not being waterproof. It looks good. I want one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted December 08, 2005 - 04:04 AM

Dririder Rallycross Jacket $329.95
Optional upgrade kit includes;
1.5 litre hydro-pack bladder. Zip in long sleeved quilted thermal lining. CE approved dual-density elbow & shoulder armour.
$69.95
It’s loaded with unique features like; a full ¾ length cut, more high-flow air-mesh panels than any other jacket, a removable REISSA 100% waterproof & breathable inner liner, triple stitched and quad-riveted 1500 Denier HITENA neck-to-wrist protection, 500 Denier heavy-duty CORDURA shell, TDF twin density body armour and the option to zip-in a quilted thermal inner liner, plus install a 1.5 litre hydro-pack into the integral bladder pocket! This jacket is right at home in the high country… as much as it is on the highway. No matter if it’s pouring rain, freezing cold or blistering hot… the new Rallycross jacket caters for all weather extremes!

Sound like what you are after? Try www.bikebiz.com.au/shop/en-us/dept_143.html
I don't know if they would send to the USA but I get all my riding gear through them. Shoot them an email and find out.

• WR400Fun

Posted December 08, 2005 - 04:29 AM

I have a Nemeses torso suit that provides both protection and warmth. I don't wear unless it's below 50, I have worn it as cold as 25 and it provided exactly what I needed under my jersey. Also, it's too expensive.
http://www.rockymoun.../NEM_ARMOUR.JPG

• TARFELE

Posted December 08, 2005 - 04:46 AM

Matty, I am waiting on a response from them now.

• Matty05

Posted December 08, 2005 - 05:30 AM

fingers crossed! I would have one, but it is constant 85 - 90 deg here!
I want to get some body armor for my girly but I am worried about being too bloody hot. Humidity is always 80 - 100+% here so sweat ass off.

Dririder have got great reviews - Australian Dirt Bike Mag tested it here jan '05.
They liked:
Hydration - simple idea! saves lugging pack around.
Versatility - rain, hail, shine. even hot days it breathes so well, you don't have to take it off.
Watertight - the waterproof liner works so well you'll be amazed!
Durability - scraped trees, bushes. Doesn't tear or scuff. It also washes up well.
They didn't like:
Tight fit - tight across shoulders, around torso, under your arms. Suit narrower body shapes or just order bigger!
No zip off sleeves - no problem but sometimes bare ams feel nice.
Style - colour combo's and design a bit dated.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.