TPS Position?

5 replies to this topic
  • Stinez

Posted December 06, 2005 - 03:21 PM

I noticed that the 06 450WR TPS is slotted so it can be moved/rotated/re-positioned slightly. I had it apart this weekend (Power now & +) and put it in the center because I didn’t notice that it was slotted and as such I had no idea where it was.

So my questions are:
Has anyone played around with moving it?
Does anyone have any idea what effect moving it will have?

It’s my understanding that the TPS affects the timing so I can see where slightly retarding or advance it could make a difference. I’m just not sure if it’ll matter on this bike.

Thanks! :applause:

• RichBaker

Posted December 06, 2005 - 03:37 PM

The manual has the adjusting procedure in it, might be good idea to use it....

• Stinez

Posted December 06, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Doh... :ride:

I see you went for the obvious.
Thanks.

But I'm still curious about what moving it would do...if anything.

:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rich1167

Posted December 06, 2005 - 04:30 PM

On my 05 their is a Green paint mark to line it back up. You need to take the tank off to see it. I don't know what moving it will do.

• dbailey223

Posted December 06, 2005 - 05:11 PM

The manual for my 2003 says move it and you will essentially die--it is set at the factory, blah, blah, blah.

• Stinez

Posted December 06, 2005 - 06:17 PM

A couple things.

I set it to mid spec. (Spec being .58-.78 v)
It idled at all setting although some settings increased the idle speed.
If you are going to mess with it it's best to get some small buss wire to shove into the connector because otherwise there's a good chance that you'll screw up the water seal if you shove the leads into the connector.

And after rich said that his had a paint mark I looked with a mirror and sure enough it has one and it's lined up. Live and learn... :applause:

Thanks guys - you rock. :ride:

:p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.