WR426 lights

8 replies to this topic
  • Thumperstu

Posted December 06, 2005 - 08:32 AM

have currently got my yz setup with wr stator and full light kit, indicators and all.
everything was working and now its not!!
Bike runs fine, got power from the stator but non of the auxillaries work, is this due to the regulator/rectifier???

Any advice please

• Thumperstu

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:08 AM

forgot to mention all the warning light bulbs blew too!

• PumpkinHumper

Posted December 06, 2005 - 12:00 PM

Do you have a voltage regulator in the system? Without it you will blow all the bulbs. The regulators job is to blead off excess voltage to ground. Without it the stator puts too much power to the bulbs and blows them.

• Thumperstu

Posted December 06, 2005 - 01:41 PM

think so, i have the full wr loom on the yz.Yep i do thats the silver thing with cooling things on right???
If this is faulty how can i check it???
Does the system run a rectifier too as theres a small black cylinder in the loom behind the headlight think its a black and red wires to it?
It's running the full yamaha wiring loom which i dont appear to be able to find any diagrams of.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted December 06, 2005 - 05:30 PM

think so, i have the full wr loom on the yz.Yep i do thats the silver thing with cooling things on right???
If this is faulty how can i check it???
Does the system run a rectifier too as theres a small black cylinder in the loom behind the headlight think its a black and red wires to it?
It's running the full yamaha wiring loom which i dont appear to be able to find any diagrams of.

Yep little silver thing about 1" x 1" square.

Hows your ground? Maybe something isn't grounded right. That would possibly cause it to blow bulbs. Are the bulbs blown or just not working? If they are all blown I would look at that voltage regulator.

• Thumperstu

Posted December 07, 2005 - 04:11 AM

changed regulator still the same had a mess checking feeds and continuity everything seems fine
something happened and all worked then slowly all went dim then off and back to nothing again!
What is the small diode in the main loom for and how do i check that correctly as i had a mess about and wondered if that held a charge which i discharged and thats why they came on

• Thumperstu

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:35 AM

checked readings against my mates wr250, and noticed on tickover i only get 8/10 v he had 20v, i have only just fitted this stator and have done the dualsport mod, so i checked my 2nd output 0v!!, whipped flywheel of and discovered pink wire had worn trough and had been shorting out on the flywheel!!! hpfully thats the problem sorted wont get chance to try it now till tomorrow.

• alfie

Posted December 10, 2005 - 12:32 PM

Any up dates stu, have you got it sorted yet?.

• Bamster

Posted December 10, 2005 - 01:09 PM

You need a better rectifier. When I added signals,brake light and horn I couldn't use the stock one on my WR.
Get one off a street bike at your local bone yard.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.