Fuel Injection - Closer than you may think?

18 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:16 PM

http://www.suzukicyc...K6/Default.aspx
My neighbour who races quads showed me this suzuki LTR450 today, it looks like a more serious effort than the yamaha raptor (suzuki's only race quad, yamaha has the YFZ450 also). It also runs a 42mm throttlebody!

Another japanese manufacturer toying with efi offroad can only be a good thing. :applause:

Another mates raptor 700 turned up this week, the efi looks nice and compact - it makes me want efi even more. That was before I took it for a ride. There was no dips or bumps in the power, just nice, smooth, crisp power. I'm sold. :ride:

• ncmountainman

Posted December 06, 2005 - 06:03 AM

so the yfz450 has fuel injection also? if so,it could probably be fitted to the yz/wr's :applause:

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 06, 2005 - 07:20 AM

In the US the new Raptor does but I don't think it's made it's way to the YFZ450 yet.

• Punisher660

Posted December 06, 2005 - 08:41 AM

The YFZ is still using carbs. The Raptor 700 is the only Yamaha (offroad) with EFI so far.

• baha

Posted December 06, 2005 - 09:04 AM

Now your bike could sound like

$$$$$ Ka-Ching Ka-Ching $$$$$$$

• midwestmotocross

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:51 AM

Hmmm, that engine would look real good in a dual sport Suzuki in, say, 2007, methinks :applause:

• ddialogue

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:52 AM

I want EFI on my WR!! :applause:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 06, 2005 - 03:07 PM

I want EFI on my WR!! :lol:

It is coming in 2007 on the WR450! :applause: I can feel it! My down payment is ready as soon as Yamaha introduces it! I will be the first to order one! :ride: :p :p

• ddialogue

Posted December 06, 2005 - 04:37 PM

It is coming in 2007 on the WR450! :applause: I can feel it! My down payment is ready as soon as Yamaha introduces it! I will be the first to order one! :ride: :p :p

I'm thinking 2008....

I really don't want to be another first year buyer! :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGBLUEKNIGHT

Posted December 06, 2005 - 04:40 PM

indy dave we already had this discussion besides i found us a new guy to drag down to moab and dave how was the midget swingers convention?

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 06, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Hey Dave,

I have no concerns about a first year WR450 FI system. They have had it on street bikes for years and the ATVs now so there should be no bugs what so ever! Bring it on! $8,000. for a new 2007 WR450 6 speed EFI YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :ride: :p :p :lol: :p :p :lol: :p :p

Hey Taylor,

That is good news about the extra buddy for our Moab trip! ;) I just hope he is not one of Dave's swinging midgets from the conference! :p
Keep your marks up in school! :p

• BIGBLUEKNIGHT

Posted December 06, 2005 - 04:55 PM

me get bad grades? never :applause:

• MN

Posted December 06, 2005 - 06:32 PM

Yamaha patent app for hot start / cold choke system on EFI bike without battery. Hmmmmmm.....

http://appft1.uspto....art" AND saddle

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 06, 2005 - 09:01 PM

Yamaha patent app for hot start / cold choke system on EFI bike without battery. Hmmmmmm.....

Cooooooooool........ I couldn't get the drawings to display. I did see the word Yamaha in the assignee name along with some other japanese words, I can assume that this means it is being submitted on behalf of Yamaha :applause:

Submitted in 04', I hope it comes in 07'..... I'm going to be hard pressed to get two more seasons out of my 04' :ride:

• Matty05

Posted December 07, 2005 - 02:16 AM

so the yfz450 has fuel injection also? if so,it could probably be fitted to the yz/wr's :applause:

Sorry - what I ment was that the raptor is second fiddle to the YFZ450. If EFI was no good on raptor, no big loss.

Suzuki only has one race quad so you know how serious they are about efi. It has to work or they loose out.

• minion

Posted December 07, 2005 - 07:51 AM

I don't know... Without battery sounds to me like it'll be on a YZ before it's on a WR.

M.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:14 AM

You want the same design just in case the battery dies and then you can still kick start it to get it back or continue the ride. :applause: I think they will EFI the YZ450 for the supercross series next year. :ride:

• Punisher660

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:26 AM

[quote name='Indy_WR450']Hey Dave,

I have no concerns about a first year WR450 FI system. They have had it on street bikes for years and the ATVs now so there should be no bugs what so ever! [QUOTE]

That wasn't the case on the new Raptor 700. Yamaha had multiple failures with the fuel pump on that particular model.

• Matty05

Posted December 08, 2005 - 03:54 AM

[quote name='Punisher660'][quote name='Indy_WR450']Hey Dave,

I have no concerns about a first year WR450 FI system. They have had it on street bikes for years and the ATVs now so there should be no bugs what so ever! [QUOTE]

That wasn't the case on the new Raptor 700. Yamaha had multiple failures with the fuel pump on that particular model.[/QUOTE]
Fuel pump easy fixed! Good thing that the quad bikers are doing the R&D!
I haven't heard anything bad about raptor 700 (apart from heavy) or any fuel pump failures here in Australia. The neighbours are quad mad!

I think people are more worried about the over all concept working.
On paper, the canondale should have been the best bike ever built.
However, in reality it must have to be the biggest lemon on two wheels!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.