2003 yz450f clutch cover

12 replies to this topic
  • boyonblue52

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:24 PM

I have a 2003 yz450f and the guy i bought it from had 5 hrs of riding around his yard. never saw a jump and i bought it for 2400 and the thing is brand new. This may sound really like im a neat freak or somthin but i dont want to scratch up my clutch cover with my boots b/c of how new it is. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to maybe stop this? :applause: Please help

• Diode663

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:48 PM

Umm you could cover it with some sort of decal or sticker but then you are protecting something no one will ever see so Im not sure of the point. I say scratch it to hell let ppl know you ride the bike.

• SBRacing

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Don't ride it and it won't get scratched up :applause:

• bigc

Posted December 05, 2005 - 07:13 PM

take the paint off and polish.

• rasta

Posted December 05, 2005 - 07:36 PM

take the paint off and polish.

i agree looks way better polished and only takes 5 minutes to repolish whenever

• boyonblue52

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:50 AM

Haha sbracing yeah right

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahacrazy_310

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:53 AM

ummm here is an idea ride the bike scratch it all up like normal people do. then it will look like a real bike.

• jessicasking

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:56 AM

Maybe you shouldnt have bought a bike if your that worried about it getting scratched.

• CRFThumper

Posted December 06, 2005 - 02:51 PM

I want to see these newbies bikes! :applause: The polishing thing looks good if you keep after it.just be ready to touch it up every ride!

• boyonblue52

Posted December 06, 2005 - 05:02 PM

Im not to worried just hate to see it like that jessica. idk it never botherd me in the past but idk im just ganna leave it and re paint it after it gets really bad.

• Satch0922

Posted December 06, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:29 AM

I've had my bike covered front to back in mud, grunge, cow pie and sticks.

It's a DIRT bike not fine china. :applause:

• flintlock28

Posted December 07, 2005 - 03:56 PM

If you really can't stand the typical scratches/wear, than do as suggested and remove the paint and polish it.

Another option is to remove the paint, repaint with a strong Urethane paint, followed by a lot of clearcoat paint.

I used to be really picky about this also, but after awhile you realize that normal riding is gonna take it's toll, and you forget about it.

I think the only real practical solution is to remove the paint and polish it.

Some people have done the paint removal thing, repainted with Urethane paint followed by lots of clearcoat, but I've been told that that becomes a hassle too because you eventually wear the clearcoat away.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.