650R skidplate

6 replies to this topic
  • XR4DEZ

Posted December 05, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Does your skidplate allow you to take off your mag cover for a valve adjustment, if so what brand do you have? My Moose plate has to be removed to take off the mag cover and that's too big a pain.Thanx

• Mikie1

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:40 PM

You don't need to take off the mag cover for a valve adjustment- just the allen-head plug. You can see the F and T marks perfectly with a flashlight. In fact, when you get it close, you can use a semi-sharp flat-blade screwdriver in the "T" line to turn the motor just a bit to get it right on the T mark.

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 05, 2005 - 08:48 PM

Yeah I've done it that way before too, but just find it easier when working alone to pop off the cover.Do you have a trick to line up the T and kick it at the same time? thanx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desertskyy

Posted December 05, 2005 - 08:57 PM

Put the bike on a stand, Put it in 5th gear and rotate the rear tire.

Works for me.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted December 05, 2005 - 09:30 PM

Does your skidplate allow you to take off your mag cover for a valve adjustment, if so what brand do you have? My Moose plate has to be removed to take off the mag cover and that's too big a pain.Thanx

Yes, White Brudderz.

• TimBrp

Posted December 06, 2005 - 03:49 AM

You must have the clamp on skid plate. I have the same setup. Loosen up your clamps and you should be able to remove the cover. It's tight but can be done. I like to pull the cover off as it makes it easier to see.

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 06, 2005 - 10:45 AM

thanx guys

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.