Big 06 450 Purchase Decision

35 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:48 AM

I am almost thinking that I will not be happy either way. I did not expect it to be like this.

You will be happy when you walk out to the garage and see it sitting there or that first time you hit the track... :applause:

I'm very impatient so I probably would have called the shop by now.

• Reyndogg

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:58 AM

I'm very impatient so I probably would have called the shop by now.

me too, usually. As it stands now, my bike is still not here and I haven't heard any hints of when to expect it besides "soon."

I sold my 250f recently thinking i'd have my new one sooner - guess thats what i get, but at least that thing is sold so I dont have to worry about that. O well :applause:

• SureBlue

Posted December 07, 2005 - 08:59 AM

Troutman, I'm sure you have invested in dumber stuff some extra hundreds (like I have, lol) so just go for it! We live this life only once so isn't it only right to enjoy it. I've seen it is often much easier and less stressful to trade the old bike smoothly with less money than try to sell it for good bucks and prolong the sale (and finally let it go cheap anyway).

• xtreme165

Posted December 07, 2005 - 09:06 AM

Plus on trade you will save on sales tax. For example
6% = $120 savings
7% = $140 savings
so tell them to meet you half way at least on the freight and set up fee as that cost is already added in on these bikes and it's nothing other than extra money for the dealers. If they dont throw out the $400 ask them to split it with you and essentially it will only cost you $60-$80 extra dollars if you trade in your 426 as you'll be saving the $2000 dollars worth of trade on sales tax. Plus be sure that they take the $2000 off of the price of the 450 first and then add your tax and not take retail plus tax this will save you some as well. Get it if you want it! Is it worth the $60- worse case $380 to wait? To some maybe but to me mr. impatient it's not. My 06 is bought and paid for and I dont even have the bike yet as none arrived here in Pa yet and it's driving me crazy even though I am keeping my 03 to ride in the winter I still want the 06 to look at. hehelol

• Troutman

Posted December 07, 2005 - 09:54 AM

Well they just called back and they said they would knock off $200 and meet me halfway. I said no I reminded them I would be paying cash tonight and to knock off $400 and call me back. So the waiting game begins again. I am starting to get kind of excited.

• Troutman

Posted December 07, 2005 - 10:27 AM

Well the verdict is in, they called and said they could not even drop it the $200 they had hoped and basically it would have to be MSRP + 400 in fees. Man that hurts.

• SureBlue

Posted December 07, 2005 - 10:29 AM

Now it is your turn to call back and meet them halfway, offer them 100. I'm afraid you will be left with a bone in your hands otherwise :applause:

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 07, 2005 - 12:11 PM

Well the verdict is in, they called and said they could not even drop it the $200 they had hoped and basically it would have to be MSRP + 400 in fees. Man that hurts.

Dude, call up some dealerships in Phoenix and work the deal out over there. Thats a days drive and you'll most likely save money and be able to ride right away. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Troutman

Posted December 07, 2005 - 03:29 PM

Well guys I think I have thrown in the towell! They will not budge and I don't seem to be able bring myself to commit to full retail + fees when its 10 degrees outside. I will wait till early spring and hopefully get a better deal when the madness is over. Thanks for all of the input I really appreciate it.

• stezlaki

Posted December 07, 2005 - 07:18 PM

The Thumpertalk price for an '06 YZ450F is $6199 with no more than $295 shipping plus the $9.95 membership (if you aren't one already). That comes to $6503.95 if I mashed the right buttons. At your local dealer you were looking to pay a total of $7300 + TT&L (how much is that, anyway?) if you count the value of your bike at $2000, or basically $5300 + TT&L for the bike. SO, again if I am poking the right buttons, you'd only have to sell your bike for $1203.95 to equal their deal (again not counting for the TT&L, so even less, really) if you bought one from TT..............AND you'd be supporting the site we all love so much. I'm sure you could sell your bike for more than that if it runs.

Now, having said all that, there is something to be said for having a good relationship with your local dealer. If I had the money to buy a new bike and was considering a purchase from my local dealer, one of the things I would try to get would be dealer cost + "x" percent for parts (which in general is going to be a far better deal than the 15-20% off that they will often offer). Over the long run, if you get that worked out correctly, the money and time saved by that "perk" you receive from buying the bike locally will probably outweigh the higher price that you are sure to pay.

Just some thoughts......................... :ride: Good luck with whatever route you go. :applause:

• JCORMI

Posted December 08, 2005 - 08:16 AM

If you decide to wait, make sure you don't go to the dealership until you're ready to buy. One look :ride: (assuming there's even one on the floor) and, just like prom night, all your resolve to wait will disappear :applause: . That being said, I know your dilemma. I've bought all my bikes in November and look where I live. There's 16 inches of snow on the ground and I'm still tempted to go have a look. Good luck with this one.

Ive been buying in winter time as well, but only because where I live you get better deals. If I wait till spring no dealer will budge on pricing unless it is a dog of a bike that will not sell. WR450 are not one of those bikes, buy now if you can find a decent price. If not whats the sense in making payments on something you are just going to drool on for the next couple months.

• Troutman

Posted December 28, 2005 - 09:47 AM

Well everyone this story has a happy ending. I finally ended up at Coyote motorsports in Denver over the holidays visiting my family and they were able to make it happen. The deal was $2000 for my trade, (a 2000 426), and $6599 for the bike, no fees! This deal is about $700 less than my other offers from two other dealers. It is a great bike and I could not be happier, see below,

http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1212.jpg
http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1211.jpg

A couple action photos,
http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1234.jpg
http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1236.jpg

Thanks for all of your input and if any of you are in the same boat I was keep looking they are starting to make some better deals.

Ride on!! :applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• SureBlue

Posted December 28, 2005 - 09:57 AM

Congrats man, good buy. I'm getting so tired of waiting for mine.

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 28, 2005 - 10:58 AM

Congrats.

• SCIENCE

Posted December 28, 2005 - 11:53 AM

Well everyone this story has a happy ending. I finally ended up at Coyote motorsports in Denver over the holidays visiting my family and they were able to make it happen. The deal was $2000 for my trade, (a 2000 426), and $6599 for the bike, no fees! This deal is about $700 less than my other offers from two other dealers. It is a great bike and I could not be happier, see below,

http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1212.jpg
http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1211.jpg

A couple action photos,
http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1234.jpg
http://i13.photobuck...gl/IMG_1236.jpg

Thanks for all of your input and if any of you are in the same boat I was keep looking they are starting to make some better deals.

Ride on!! :applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congrats! The wait was def worth it. For those of you who are still waiting, do your self a favor and shop around. The deals are out there. $700-$1500 buys alot of chi-chi's!

• Fastkid591

Posted December 28, 2005 - 01:37 PM

You can do it....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.