Do I need to change anything else?

2 replies to this topic
  • fourstroker

Posted August 30, 2001 - 03:19 AM


I own a '01 WR426 (god I love it) and I have already performed the grey wire modification, the throttle stop modification, uncorked the muffler (plug) and have removed the airbox cover.

I live in the midwest (Illinois), do I have to change anything else since removing the airbox cover and muffler plug?

Thanks for the information,


[This message has been edited by fourstroker (edited August 30, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • *mike68*

Posted August 30, 2001 - 03:50 AM


If it runs the way you like

There are a couple things you may want to look into, like gearing and a good set of tires.

  • Bill

Posted August 30, 2001 - 04:40 AM


Here are some other thoughts. If the bike does not turn well, lower the forks 10mm. If that does not work to your satisfaction and you have 739 tires, replace them. If the bike still does not turn well enough for you, consider a YZ style seat and tank.

You also might be able to get a little more power, by jetting for your increased intake flow and decreased exhaust back pressure.


99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.