Idle

3 replies to this topic
  • tomwr450f

Posted December 04, 2005 - 01:28 PM

I got a small issue with my idle screw on my WR 450, its not wanting to increase the idle, when I turn it and I can see that there's still room for adjustment.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted December 04, 2005 - 01:34 PM

This just happened out of the blue?
Is this the first time with the bike, just bought it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tomwr450f

Posted December 04, 2005 - 01:37 PM

No I have had the bike about a year bought it new in 05.;

• StreetbikePimp

Posted December 04, 2005 - 01:56 PM

Take off the plate on the right side of you carberator. Underneath that plate is a small wheel with 2 cables hooked up to it. When you turn your idle thumb knob, it should push on that wheel and cause it to rotate.

If all of this looks normal, then you need to pull your carberator and check you pilot jet, and your pilot adjustment screw.

Since you're pulling your carb, research the Jetting Database Sticky post and set up you carb according to the specs in there. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.