best clutch

9 replies to this topic
  • fatboyrv

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:57 AM

what is the best clutch plates for a 2001 yz 426 no problems yet but just in case ??????????????

• 642MX

Posted December 04, 2005 - 11:19 AM

Ferodo makes good fibers.

• fatboyrv

Posted December 04, 2005 - 02:03 PM

where can i find that clutch kit at well price cause i checked there website found no pricing

• 642MX

Posted December 04, 2005 - 02:56 PM

Ferodo is distributed by Motorcycle Stuff. You can probably locate a dealer thru there website.

• aedwards07

Posted December 04, 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hinson.Almost every pro racer runs them.If it is good enough for pretty much every factory team it is good enough for any one of us.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • myoung

Posted December 04, 2005 - 07:54 PM

I have an obscene ammount of time on my stock '00 YZ426 clutch. Thought for sure it'd be dead by now so I have everything I need to change it in my parts box everywhere I go. Still working strong though and when it finally dies a set of stockers are going back in. Or course, I've never been much of a clutch user anyway, that's why I switched to a four stroke in the first place, fits my habits better. :applause:

• CRFThumper

Posted December 05, 2005 - 04:36 AM

I'll second the stocker stuff!We just seem to get longer life from them!
There are a few things that we buy just the stocker stuff,clutch,brake pads,chain sliders and so on.For us they just seem to last better. :applause:

• nimiz1

Posted December 05, 2005 - 09:39 AM

you can look at the prices here , i took the tusk for only 40$ and it is not bed at all for thet amount.

• midwestmotocross

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:14 AM

what is the best clutch plates for a 2001 yz 426 no problems yet but just in case ??????????????

Umm, you got four years on your stock one with no problems. I think you just answered your own question. :applause:

• grayracer513

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:24 AM

Hinson, unquestionably #1.

My very close #2 is the OEM Yamaha plates.

Buy them through the TT store. It will cost you $10 for a year's membership, and then you'll save $60 over retail just on the clutch plates.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.