clutch perch

5 replies to this topic
  • baha

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:56 AM

The stock clutch perch has a hole for the starter sensor. Now that I have broke the lever what options do I have- what is the best way to disconnect the sensor or is a aftermarket perch available that allows for the sensor to be used???

• ARin

Posted December 05, 2005 - 03:08 AM

if you JUST broke the lever, replace the lever.

if the perch is broken, then you can replace with any old hot start clutch perch...but you will have to leave the sensor disconnected. unplug it from the harness...or clip and tape the wires.

I dont know of any aftermarket perches with the sensor hole.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:12 AM

When you clip the wires you have to solder the two wires into a loop or your bike will NOT start in gear. You will ALWAYS have to find neutral. This is a real pain in the butt after having primary start, where you just pull in the clutch, hit the button and go. Trust me, I've been there and done that.It aint no fun. :applause:
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:15 AM

and get some hand gaurds.

• baha

Posted December 05, 2005 - 07:30 AM

When you clip the wires you have to solder the two wires into a loop or your bike will NOT start in gear. You will ALWAYS have to find neutral. This is a real pain in the butt after having primary start, where you just pull in the clutch, hit the button and go. Trust me, I've been there and done that.It aint no fun. :applause:
Jim

Thats why I asked, even with hanguards a rock that was not smooth or flat I should say nailed it.. Thanks for the info and now I'm looking for stronger
as well as bit shorter unit

• ARin

Posted December 05, 2005 - 04:27 PM

i stand corrected, yes you DO have to connect the wires...and that is what i had done.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.