Glass lens kit!

6 replies to this topic
  • thumpasaurus

Posted December 04, 2005 - 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by qadsan
You can significantly improve the lighting by purchasing the Honda glass lens from your Honda dealer (Honda PN# 33123-MK2-671) for as little as $22... it accepts a H3 bulb.

I did this yesterday, and damn if it didn't make an frickin HUGE improvement in my stock light. I can't believe how much better it is, and look forward to riding some more at night.. I used to hurry home before sundown.

It was a snap to install (lens is drop in replacment, bulb requires spade connectors crimped onto existing wires) and cost < $30 including 55w H3 bulb. It dims a little at idle, but slight and still 2x better than stock then. My brother is on his way over w/ xr400. I bought two and will do his next. He has a Ricky Stator and I expect him to not even have the dimming issue.

Wish I had found out about it years ago. I give it a double :applause: :ride:

• roadcam

Posted December 04, 2005 - 07:28 AM

you can improve that light a whole lot more, just by putting a Sylvania SilverStar lamp into it ,,, theyre about $30 at autoparts stores, even WalMart carries them ... they give off twice as much brightness as a regular halogen, but draws the same wattage ... :applause:

• 4Takt

Posted December 04, 2005 - 08:17 AM

Maybe I had bad luck, but I tried the Silverstars twice and each time they didn't last a week. I think they might not be able to handle the vibration and hits of off road riding.

4Takt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted December 04, 2005 - 07:01 PM

I had one go south after only a week in my Honda Civic, but has taken a good offroad beating on the XR650L, and it's held up fine ... go figure :applause:

• Stinson

Posted December 04, 2005 - 08:23 PM

I got a glass lens from auto zone for 5bucks, and pried open the stock housing pulled the plastic one out and installed the new glass lens with a little RTV to seal out the moisture, then installed one of those hallogen bulbs for fog lights. Whole thing cost 10 bucks and works great. Cya Stinson

• mrstein69

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:09 AM

I got a glass lens from auto zone for 5bucks, and pried open the stock housing pulled the plastic one out and installed the new glass lens with a little RTV to seal out the moisture, then installed one of those hallogen bulbs for fog lights. Whole thing cost 10 bucks and works great. Cya Stinson

What was the part number of the glass lens from Auto Zone?

• zx7rye

Posted December 05, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Any pics available?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.