TTR 125 Skid plate and hand guards

9 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted December 04, 2005 - 05:08 AM

I posted this in the TTR forum but I'm not getting much response. I see some of your signatures show owning a TTR as well. Any help/opinions anyone :applause:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=314115

• extex

Posted December 04, 2005 - 05:58 AM

I have the Utah on my 450 and the BBR on my 125. All true what the other guy said about no wings on the BBR but it is solid underneath and a good frame brace. Not a lot of problem putting it on (you have to remove the exhaust) and you can change the oil with it on. I have Enduro Engineering handguards on both bikes and they are solid.

• byggd

Posted December 04, 2005 - 06:15 AM

My wife won't be riding it that hard so I'm more concerned with protecting the engine should she lay it down (lots of rocks in so cal). So would I be better off with a devol or moose because they have wings/ears and spending the extra $$ on some frame guards or is the frame that weak that it needs the BBR?

• WildRide

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:02 AM

We put Emgo handguards bought from Dennis Kirk on our TTR. They are virtually identical to my Acerbis guards on my WR for much less $.

• byggd

Posted December 05, 2005 - 04:54 AM

Had anyone installed a moose or devol skidplate?

As far as hand guards I am thinking of getting Fredette "handsavers". Has anyone installed them on this bike? Pros and cons :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dman450f

Posted December 05, 2005 - 07:29 AM

I would get the BBR,thats what is going on my sons bike...spendy though...and yes the bike will fly..my son bottomed his out the 2nd time out...the frame needs it... :applause:

• Push Rod

Posted December 05, 2005 - 01:08 PM

The BBR isn't that difficult to put on, provides good protection, and the oil drain is easily accessible. As for the handguards, I put Acerbis mini-cross guards on my son's TTR. They fit much better than the full size I had on previously (that broke). Moose also makes a good set of mini handguards.

• byggd

Posted December 05, 2005 - 04:51 PM

It sounds like I better stick with the BBR. I just wish it had wings to protect the sides as well. Thanks for the tip on mini hand guards fitting better than full sized I think I'll go with moose :applause:

• Atlasrider

Posted December 06, 2005 - 08:09 AM

My wife won't be riding it that hard so I'm more concerned with protecting the engine should she lay it down (lots of rocks in so cal). So would I be better off with a devol or moose because they have wings/ears and spending the extra $$ on some frame guards or is the frame that weak that it needs the BBR?

I put a Utah Sport Cycle skid on my wifes TTR 125 L. Excellent engine protection. Easy/solid mounting, clean oil change openings.
Call Rocky Mountain atv mc 800-336-5437 $64.95

• byggd

Posted December 06, 2005 - 12:12 PM

I put a Utah Sport Cycle skid on my wifes TTR 125 L. Excellent engine protection. Easy/solid mounting, clean oil change openings.
Call Rocky Mountain atv mc 800-336-5437 $64.95

I was looking at that type of skip plate but I've done some reading and evidently the frame on the TTR is open underneath and can stretch so you can end up with a "chopper" effect. The BBR also acts as a frame cradle to keep this from happening. I'm not sure what the best thing to do is :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.