Which knee pads?

7 replies to this topic
  • fourstroker

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:30 AM

Greetings Thumpers!!!!

Just wandering what kind of knee pad I should invest in for protection to my knee area?

I know there are plenty out there (Acerbis, Fox, Thor, Moose, Answer, MSR, etc.) to choose from.

Anybody try the Fox Pivot? My friend swears by it. Do I look for pads that tuck into my boot, stop at the top of my boot or what? I read that the Moose pad is indexed and slips into the top of your boot and doesn't slide around. Now I'm really confusing myself on which way to go. Help!!!!!!!!

Any feedback you thumpers can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Mark

• junglejim

Posted August 30, 2001 - 03:35 AM

I use the Moose knee pads and they are great. The protrusion on the bottom keeps them from slipping down inside the boot. They have a large coverage area for the knee.

• Swedisheagle

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:21 PM

I swear by the Fox Pivot. 2 years & two shredded knee sections of my riding pants & still no cracks in the plastic. They are a bit bulkier than the others though. They are as comfortable as kneepads can be I guess. I can wear them all day.

• Bill

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:23 PM

I have the $15 Thors. They have a built in shin guard and they fit inside my Alpinestars. I have pretty good size calves and I don't even notice them on.

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 30, 2001 - 03:04 PM

Originally posted by junglejim:
I use the Moose knee pads and they are great. The protrusion on the bottom keeps them from slipping down inside the boot. They have a large coverage area for the knee.

What he said.

------------------
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• Ron_S

Posted September 01, 2001 - 02:59 AM

MSR's work for me and my bud's.

• motojeffn

Posted September 05, 2001 - 10:42 AM

Fox "pivot" works well for me, inside a conventioanl style moto-pant. I've broken a knee cap through the Thor knee guard, so I'd stay away from the cheapy knee guards. Moose and Fox Pivots are probably the best.

• WRFUN

Posted September 05, 2001 - 11:18 AM

Using the FOX pivot, a little big but comfortable and good coverage. Just my thoughts.

Pete

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.