linkage

10 replies to this topic
  • TIM696

Posted December 03, 2005 - 03:37 PM

has anyone on here tried a fastway linkage on a yz450f some people say you can feel a noticable difference in the way it makes the bike handle and turn. Is this true or b.s.

• ncmountainman

Posted December 03, 2005 - 05:12 PM

i'm not sure ,but i don't think fastway makes them for yamaha. storm makes one for the 03-04 yz/wr.

• TIM696

Posted December 03, 2005 - 05:25 PM

thanks for the correction on the brand guess i will just try one and find out for myself

• flintlock28

Posted December 03, 2005 - 05:29 PM

TIM696,

I asked the same question recently....see link below.

http://www.thumperta...95&parentpage=3

Don

• TIM696

Posted December 04, 2005 - 11:27 AM

Don thanks for the link will be ordering it right away

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted December 04, 2005 - 06:16 PM

TIm696,

Let me know the outcome as to how well you like it......
I've been a real cheap-skate lately, and don't want to put out any cash unless necessary.

Don

• myoung

Posted December 04, 2005 - 07:40 PM

There has to be more to it than just raising the rear of the bike. You could certainly change the head tube angle a lot cheaper by just raising the fork tubes and decreasing the sag(5mm in the front and 10mm less sag in the rear puts you in the same place). Does anybody know if there are any significant changes to rising rates in the linkage geometry or anything else with the storm link? Just seems like a waste of money till I hear some better science behind it. :ride:

Sorry to say, but there seems to be a lot of bandwagon mentallity when it comes to these bolt on gee gaws. "I spent $139.00 on it so it must be working." I'd like to see an unbiased test of this thing against raising the forks and setting sag. :applause:

• 450_rider

Posted December 04, 2005 - 08:46 PM

Yeah but even if it doesnt work its just a bit more bling right???LOL

• flintlock28

Posted December 05, 2005 - 03:18 AM

I thought I heard that it does change the progressive rate of the spring. Maybe more will chime in to confirm this.

• ncmountainman

Posted December 05, 2005 - 06:37 AM

i spoke with the storm people about that when i was considering one,they were honest enough to tell me that,basically it just raises the rear :applause:

• myoung

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:22 AM

i spoke with the storm people about that when i was considering one,they were honest enough to tell me that,basically it just raises the rear :applause:

That's what I figured. Did you read the specs on the '02 Honda one, raises the bike an inch over stock! Feel sorry for the short guys trying it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.