difference between 04 fork and 03 fork

2 replies to this topic
  • fastbyfrank

Posted December 03, 2005 - 01:42 PM

hi i was talking to my buddy about how my 04 forks are better than my 426 forks and i was wondering if anyone had the specifics?
ive heard that the 04 fork was superior but i dont know exactly why. (grayracer i think went to a 04 fork?)
thanks in advance for all the replys :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 03, 2005 - 02:46 PM

the 04 yz fork went from 46 mm to 48 mm with pretty much the same design. there were some upgrades to the setup. progressive bottoming or sumthin' like that,they are supposedly better stock than the 46's. they only made that fork style for 04 yz' and 05 wr's. looks like something that could be made to work well for offroad. i'm not a big fan of the newer twin chambers,in fact i run 03 46's on my 05. how's your 48's workin' with the new offsets gray? :applause:

• GregT

Posted December 03, 2005 - 02:49 PM

The 03 fork (46mm) has rubber bumpers for bottoming protection and the 04 (48mm)has a hydraulic system.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.