stator replacement

3 replies to this topic

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:24 AM

My stator/generator went bad 98wr400f
as I have heard there was a change in 2000 to a higher output stator will this fit in my bike

How about 2001 426

any one out there in the Know..

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:00 AM

I'm not sure about whether they are compatable, but Baja Designs has a rewinding service which has a higher output wattage. You might want to check it out. Price is nice as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:30 AM

I called Baja Designs a few months ago and they told me they do not rewind WR stators anymore and they suggested I just get a new one. The output apparently wasn't high enough to justify the expense, and I think they were getting a lot of complaints.

I put a new stator for a 2000 WR on my 99 and it works great. (I wanted to be able to run a 55/60 headlight.) I'm not sure if the '01 stator fits in a '98 and the part numbers are different for the '00 and '01 models. If you do get an '00 model stator, they cost just under $150 at

[This message has been edited by Rich in Orlando (edited August 30, 2001).]

Posted August 30, 2001 - 09:58 PM

thanks guys
found a 98 stator near home (70miles).
its worth the drive,
so another weekend doesn't pass me by.

if all goes well I'll be at wayne nat. by 3:30 tomorrow

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.