yellow plastic on yz426f ...

25 replies to this topic
  • Fizz

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:05 PM

i really like the yamaha competition colors, but cant afford a SE bike (dont even now if they'll show up in Sweden?) so i thought i'd buy the ONE Hurricane kit ... i do need some new plastics and graphics ....

does anybody have any pics of a 426 with the kit on?

• gawarrior

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:17 PM

I think One graphics has them....

• Fizz

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:25 PM

there's only one pic (pretty small too) at their web site ... :applause:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:26 PM

Serach the TT Garage for pics, there are some members with the kit.
You can try going to One Industries' website for pics:
http://www.oneindustries.com

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:28 PM

there's only one pic (pretty small too) at their web site ... :applause:

That shows graphics for the 450...
He needs a pic of the 426 kit...

• XriderR00

Posted December 02, 2005 - 02:56 PM

That shows graphics for the 450...
He needs a pic of the 426 kit...

He has a point.. The 426 graphics are different than the 450's... Here's what mine used to look like before I started the 450 conversion

Posted Image

Posted Image

...yes i know the engine is dirty :applause:

• FZ1426

Posted December 02, 2005 - 03:12 PM

OMG!! That's hideous. :applause: Those tires look like Playdough! Why?Why?

• XriderR00

Posted December 02, 2005 - 03:45 PM

OMG!! That's hideous. :ride: Those tires look like Playdough! Why?Why?

i liked them, and it was original :applause:

• 450_rider

Posted December 02, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Hey XriderR00 is your tank yellow, or is that some sort of graphics on there???

• XriderR00

Posted December 02, 2005 - 04:31 PM

Tank is stock blue, the graphics cover most of the blue, but you can still see some of it in person. I sold all that stuff on ebay though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MichiganMXer

Posted December 02, 2005 - 04:35 PM

He has a point.. The 426 graphics are different than the 450's... Here's what mine used to look like before I started the 450 conversion

Posted Image

Posted Image

...yes i know the engine is dirty :applause:

How you like that GYT-R pipe? I've only got the jug, left the head and mid and it added some nice low end grunt and a punch in the middle.

Downside is its LOUUUD AS HELL!!! :ride: :p :p

• XriderR00

Posted December 02, 2005 - 04:49 PM

Yes I love it.. I consider the loudness to be a plus cause it sounds great when you really get on the throttle :applause:

Definitely noticed a power increase, nothing too too drastic, but I was soon accidentally pulling wheelies without knowing.. Made shifting gears in a wheelie a lot easier to keep the front end up :ride:

• rlp1

Posted December 02, 2005 - 06:54 PM

You should really read the sound advice article in the new Dirt Rider issue. Not trying to flame or anything, but you should read it.

• lumpy790

Posted December 02, 2005 - 07:20 PM

Like this? ....Its for sale!

http://supermotojunk...read.php?t=8385

• XriderR00

Posted December 02, 2005 - 08:47 PM

I know about all the sound issues, but where I ride, there aren't really rangers around that could get you into trouble for being too loud. Not once have I seen one on the trails we ride, nor have I had anyone complain about sound related issues.

• 450_rider

Posted December 02, 2005 - 10:33 PM

XriderR00- Hate to have to ask another question about your bike, but did u powdercoat the frame black? I'm liking this hurricane kit, a lot cheaper than getting an SE.

• b-bike

Posted December 02, 2005 - 11:04 PM

i really like the yamaha competition colors, but cant afford a SE bike (dont even now if they'll show up in Sweden?) so i thought i'd buy the ONE Hurricane kit ... i do need some new plastics and graphics ....

does anybody have any pics of a 426 with the kit on?

Yes I do...

I did the "Hurricane" project this summer.
This is what my bike looked like before...
Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The outfit I bought my One Industries kit from is MX South.
I highly recomend them. They were the best aftermarket supply house I've delt with EVER :p
MX South

I do recomend getting a yellow tank from Clarke. It is almost a perfect fit (had to make a few mods to the stock yamaha tank mount brackets in order to get them to fit on the Clarke tank). When your finished putting the graphics on the tank you'll love the "All Yellow" tank rather then the blue tank covered with yellow graphics. :ride:

Let me know if I can help in any way. :applause:

Boyd

• b-bike

Posted December 02, 2005 - 11:25 PM

XriderR00- Hate to have to ask another question about your bike, but did u powdercoat the frame black? I'm liking this hurricane kit, a lot cheaper than getting an SE.

I used a three part poly-urathyne paint.
It's tough as nails. :applause:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boyd

• Fizz

Posted December 03, 2005 - 12:42 AM

b-bike <- thanks for the info!
i thought the yellow decals on the blue tank would look a bit odd, but how close do one have to get to notice it?

XriderR00 <- thanks for the pics!
what did you do to the frame? any closer pics of the tank?

• XriderR00

Posted December 03, 2005 - 07:39 AM

I used PJ1-Frame paint, and just took off the rads, tank, seat, etc so I could get to all the parts of the frame. The paint rubs off easily though, so you can either get some frame gaurds, or put a clear covering over the rails of the frame. I used a carbon fiber sheet :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.