Runs good but......

4 replies to this topic
  • ESC

Posted December 02, 2005 - 07:19 AM

My 2001 YZ426. Stock except for an FMF Ti4 pipe. Not sure on the jetting.

The bike starts easy, has great power but....when riding at a steady RPM, say down a dirt road or whatever, it misses. It only does this when holding a steady RPM. I've only had this bike for about 2 months and I'm new to Yamaha's so I don't even know where to begin.

My buddy also bought a used 01 YZ426 at about the same time I did and his does the same thing.

Any suggestions?

• Wyatt

Posted December 02, 2005 - 07:40 AM

I am guessing this is not WOT steady rpm and is at a cruising speed.

You need to lower your needle one position. If that does not help, raise it one postition. If it runs good evefrywhere else, but misses at a cruise speed, the needle is most likely off. It sounds a little rich.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted December 02, 2005 - 08:49 AM

I thought this was something there was nothing you could do about and that we just had to deal with... :applause:

I recall something about a side effect of the type of carburetor they used...

You can lessen it, but I don't think you can get it to go away completely.

• Wyatt

Posted December 02, 2005 - 08:50 AM

It can be fixed.

• ESC

Posted December 02, 2005 - 09:01 AM

Wyatt - Thanks, I'll take a look at the position of the needle.

Overrdrve - Your statement makes me think that this is a common issue on this bike. Especially since my friend's bike does the same thing.

Any other opinions? GreyRacer?

TIA

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.