WR stator onYZ

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumperstu

Posted December 02, 2005 - 05:35 AM

i have done the searches and got the info, but on the pdf file from electrexusa im creating a 2nd lighting feed so the stator can wire up to the dakar kit i dont need this can i just snip the pink wire and put the cdi/plug end to ground as per the sheet and leave the windings as they are???

• PumpkinHumper

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:11 PM

Wish I could help ya. I got mine from Electrex pre-modified. I only have one yellow power wire coming out of mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted December 02, 2005 - 02:47 PM

When I installed mine I believe it was the pink wire to ground. I was a bit worried when the instructions said to ground that wire, but after speaking to them on the phone, they confirmed it was right. You could always shoot them an email if your still not comfortable with it... they are pretty good at replying to the emails.

• 93gt

Posted December 06, 2005 - 05:46 AM

I did it to the instructions, and it worked perfectly.

• grayracer513

Posted December 06, 2005 - 07:43 AM

Bear in mind, this works only up to and including the 426. Nothing forward of the shifter on the left side of the two 450's will interchange.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.