Terra Tire - gear ratio question..

3 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted December 02, 2005 - 05:29 AM

I have a rear Dunlop 606 tire with a 14-45 gear ratio and want to keep that approx gear ratio. If I go to the terra tire (and which size should I get to fit my bike?) the smallest front sprocket I can find is the 14 that I have on there now. So what rear sprocket size should I get to kind of keep that ratio. Thanks.

• ghoti

Posted December 02, 2005 - 05:58 AM

What size is the 606?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted December 02, 2005 - 06:04 AM

I ride mostly tight stuff around here , so I like 14/52. I kept my same rtio when I went to tera. ( Oring chain) If I were you, I'd try it first before spending $ on sprokets/chain. my .02.

BTW; I'm not real sold on my tera yet. It will roost nicely but doesn't seem to bite as good as the mich dessert I replaced. Might go back to mich or trim out some of the knobs on tera .I ride 95% dirt.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 02, 2005 - 09:16 AM

Up 3 in the back, or down 1 in the front.

That tire is HUGE!

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.