she dies

4 replies to this topic
  • bludog450

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:35 PM

"05" wr450 all free mods done #48 pilot yzneedle clip position 4 screw 2 turns out. with the motor warm "sometimes" with the first touch of the throttle she dies .Starts right back up fine but may or may not die at the first touch again. Mabe 30% of the time it will die. Whats up with that!!!! Otherwise she rips!! Also ais removed and thest of the jets are stock. Any advice would be great!!

• redmansz400

Posted December 01, 2005 - 09:51 PM

my 99 wr does the same thing when you ease on the throttle. i just started getting on it harder and it works

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nodrog

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:49 AM

I had the same problem - I ended up changing my Accelerator Pump Diaghram and got rid of the problem .

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 02, 2005 - 03:49 AM

Try a richer leak jet in the bottom of the float bowl. #40 leak jet Yamaha part number 4JT-1494F-03-00 .JET (#40) is a good starting point. Next thing to adjust if that does not fix it is your pump squirt timing on the right side of the carb needs to be delayed a 1/4 turn or so. :applause:

• tshe1

Posted December 03, 2005 - 10:38 PM

I had the same problem - I ended up changing my Accelerator Pump Diaghram and got rid of the problem .

I think you wright, this can be the problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.