spark up!

2 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted December 29, 2000 - 01:03 PM

fixed!

i kicked the bike to oblivion & had no joy. this was after the new plug, change of air filter & the cleaned carb. i borrowed my mates ignition box & the bike tried to run three times. that was in my opinion the first time it had tried to run. i touched the throttle & yes you can guess it-there was NO CHANCE, not even a glimmer of hope.

so i swopped boxes back (so mike could get home). dried the plug over the cooker & still got nothing as a spark, tried the 'old' plug which had sat on the shelf all black & sooted. no spark.

tried a ducati plug, lovely spark! sooooo! i presume at this point that it's these ******* little plugs mucking me about.

i probably needn't have tried another ignition, i should have just blamed the plugs. so i broke an old house rule with the old plug; i wire brushed it with a proper plug brush & tra la! what a spark!

in goes the plug. one kick, i said one ******* kick & she just sat there chugging away as if to say what's the problem! bastard!

runs beautifully, doesn't miss a beat. goes like stink, one month old fuel & all.

which thing put it right? i don't know. recommend the plug brush though!

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted December 29, 2000 - 03:29 PM

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
Good to know that it was nothing major Taffy,
Happy New Year!!

• James_Dean

Posted December 30, 2000 - 05:04 PM

I'll second that,

Happy New Year Taffy!!!

Good to see you are ****** up and ***** running. :D :) :D :D Cheers!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.