International Motorcycle Brokers Inc

55 replies to this topic
  • BergArabia

Posted December 03, 2005 - 06:19 PM

If I could get that bike for 6400 dollars here I'd be happy...

• CycleWriter

Posted December 03, 2005 - 07:00 PM

Mark, sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I have one question: At the time you placed the deposit did you get a sales contract spelling out the price on delivery and showing your deposit or did you just get a receipt for the $500? If you got a sales contract they are obligated to honor it. If all you got was a receipt for your deposit, you're screwed. Being that the bikes come from Japan, fluctuation in the dollar (American or Canadian) can cause the price to vary, especially over a couple of months. Most dealers will only quote you MSRP for a bike they don't have in stock because of this, and they usually won't write a sales contract without knowing exactly what their cost will be. Because of the falling value of the Yen since August many dealers have readjusted their prices upwards and a lot of buyers have been very disappointed, but without a written sales contract you haven't got much recourse but to pay the extra or get a refund. :applause:

• vintageyz

Posted December 03, 2005 - 08:27 PM

Folks, International Motorcycle Brokers are just that, a broker. They are not a franchised Yamaha dealer the US and I do not believe they are a franchised dealer in Canada. They seemingly acquire the bikes from an authorized dealer or dealers to resell. It is a huge sin with Yamaha to sell a bike still in the crate to any customer. The dealers agreement requires the bike to be assembled and tested prior to delivery. US model YZs come with a 30 day warranty, contingency, and, on occasion, factory directed modifications (such as the early 2000 YZ throttle assembly). US dealers are advised by the manufacturers, including other brands, to not work on any Canadian models. If you want to find out where your bike really came from, take the VIN into a real Yamaha dealer and ask them to check it. Or, call Yamaha. Odds are it will be unregistered or registered to Pierre Doright someplace in B.C. By the way, sales tax is not controlled by the dealer. Talk to your state legislature about that.

• CycleWriter

Posted December 03, 2005 - 09:20 PM

Folks, International Motorcycle Brokers are just that, a broker. They are not a franchised Yamaha dealer the US and I do not believe they are a franchised dealer in Canada.

I know that, but they are still subject to the same laws governing business practices that a dealer is. You do raise some good points, though, but some manufacturers do allow sales of crated vehicles in certain instances. Direct sales to qualified race teams is one, for instance. I would be very hesitant to buy anything of such high value without a reputable dealer to back it up. Yeah, the warranty on a new Yamaha dirt bike may only be 30 days, but who do you cry to when buying from a broker and your crate arrives with damaged goods? :applause:

• aford541

Posted December 04, 2005 - 09:59 PM

Yes, be careful whom you buy your motorcycle from a hundred dollar savings could be a five hundred dollar problem or worse.

• Texas30

Posted December 18, 2005 - 10:42 AM

Glad I did a search on this subject. I was thinking of buying a bike from them. After reading all this, think I'll pass.

Another example of why thumpertalk rules! Thanks guys......... :applause:

• MattFisher

Posted December 18, 2005 - 03:20 PM

Personally, I'd want the bike from them. Well, I'd want the Canadian bike at least.

A Canadian bike gets a green sticker here in The People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Can TT get Canadian bikes?

• Vibeguy

Posted December 19, 2005 - 09:25 PM

Purchased 2 bikes from Zach in 2003 and had no problem getting WA state titles and ORV tags.....once I paid the sales tax. Due to the value of the Canadian dollar at the time I still saved $1700 over buying from my local dealer, who by the way wanted to charge me $600 in set-up fee's for the same 2 dirt bikes. I tried to buy from him and pay cash but he didn't want to budge on the set-up fee so I took my cash elsewhere.

I think Zach is a stand-up guy as evidenced by his offer to refund your money. Glad it's working out for you.

Trying to take any legal action in Canada is a no-win situation for you or anyone else from the US. A friend was in BC and got in a car accident, they were OK but his car was totaled, 2.5 years later and he is still trying to get all his money. He still goes to BC regularly but does it in a rental car!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darmino

Posted December 20, 2005 - 05:08 PM

Are you sure that Canadian YZ 450 will get a green sticker in California? :applause: That is a huge selling point for me.

• MattFisher

Posted December 20, 2005 - 11:38 PM

Not 100% (hey, it is Kalifornia after all), but my friend has a Canadian 03 CRF450, the vin says green sticker, and that's what he gets.

According to IMB's website, "Due to new Regulations in California (CARB), California Residents need an Out-of-State Title. We can supply Out-Of-State Titles for $99 USD"

That tells me the state views it as a used bike, no problem. I'd be asking IMB about this before slapping the $ down though. I'd also ask the DMV about registering a used non-smog Canadian bike here.

• BergArabia

Posted December 21, 2005 - 03:16 AM

US model YZs come with a 30 day warranty, contingency, and, on occasion, factory directed modifications (such as the early 2000 YZ throttle assembly). .

you guys are lucky. Here nobody gives any warranty on any offroad or MX bike... :applause: Hence one more reason to buy Yamaha as there is a need for reliability..

I paid 6226 USD for an 05 YZ OTD price (there is no sales tax in this country and we don't register the bike) in June but it was on summer special (not many ride here in June as min temp at night is about 100 and max in the day is about 120) the weather is better now..

The Yamaha dealer here doesn't have the 06's in now. The 05s that he has are now 6662 USD OTD so that summer special was OK for me.. he is selling WRs at 7477 USD OTD so I don't know what we'll end up paying for the 06 when it finally comes.. So if it is any consolation, I think your prices there are OK..

The bikes on the TT site seem a really good deal.. why not get one of those???

• crf450f

Posted December 21, 2005 - 07:06 AM

Yeah, before they had the 06 450f in stock, the price was 5899.00.
Just before the bikes were in stock, it went up to 6199.00 plus 200 shipping + 100 for California cert. When I called Zach, and asked him why it went up, he said the lower 5899 price was a mistake. That would bring the bike total to 6499.00. I took the ad to a local dealer, and they had it in stock 2 weeks before MB had it in stock, and gave it to me for 6600 OTD. I was stoked!!
Instant gratification feels good! :applause: I think jacking up the price like that is not fair, excpecially if you already put a deposit down.

• mtrdrms

Posted December 21, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Wow I am hearing some good prices. Mine here in CT was a non-SE and cost me 6849.00 OTD. Wow now that I say it, it sounds like a helluva lotta money! :applause:

• Texas30

Posted December 21, 2005 - 05:40 PM

This is from the rules for the 2006 contingency program.

Only U.S. models purchased in the United States are eligible

• BergArabia

Posted December 21, 2005 - 05:57 PM

This is from the rules for the 2006 contingency program.

Only U.S. models purchased in the United States are eligible

Eligible for what?

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:06 PM

[COLOR=Blue]Eligible for what?[/COLOR]

2006 contingency program

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.