International Motorcycle Brokers Inc

55 replies to this topic
  • markhardgrove

Posted December 02, 2005 - 03:00 AM

Did not hear back today is their last day and I formally request they transfer my $ back, go balistic with better business burueau and will look at TT prices good idea!

• Ga426owner

Posted December 02, 2005 - 05:49 AM

Did not hear back today is their last day and I formally request they transfer my $ back, go balistic with better business burueau and will look at TT prices good idea!

Mark you had a "DEAL" made. You made a deposit in July and them "Final Payment" 11/22.....I would tell Zack to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and ship your bike or send you back $$$$$. He sent me email on 11/24 that my cost was 6399 +200 shipping....no problem but that is not a great price - I can get that locally or within 200.00 for US spec bike. His are Canadian so if he told you that they are US spec he is being untruthful. I have heard issues with these folks in the past - I thought they were cleaned up...apparently not. A DEAL IS A DEAL......
If this is in email - It is a legal document...so you can proceed how you want....I would tell Zack that if he does not honor the deal .... you will post on every motorcycle board known to mankind of your experience....starting here on every Bike forum.....and the BBB as well as EBAY!
Or try to get your money back - if he is honorable enough to do that and buy here in US.....
Sorry that you are going through what you thought was a good way to buy......IMB sounds like a POS to do business with. kind of like some experiences I have heard of on EBAY!

• ripntear

Posted December 02, 2005 - 06:49 AM

Ga426owner,

Are you buying from them also or just checking prices?

If you look at his site, there are 2 different prices listed in 2 different locations.
$5999 and $6199 for the '06 YZ450F
$6199 and $6399 for the '06 YZ450SE
I can see where this is causing problems.

They should make this right, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If Mark wrote "paid in full" on his last money order and they deposited it, they accepted that amount as final payment.

The problem is that his business address is in Canada and it would take forever to go through the court system and more $$ than what he has already paid on the bike to win this case.

The best he could do would be to get a full refund and spread the words "buyer beware!"

• Ga426owner

Posted December 02, 2005 - 07:06 AM

Ga426owner,

Are you buying from them also or just checking prices?

If you look at his site, there are 2 different prices listed in 2 different locations.
$5999 and $6199 for the '06 YZ450F
$6199 and $6399 for the '06 YZ450SE
I can see where this is causing problems.

They should make this right, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If Mark wrote "paid in full" on his last money order and they deposited it, they accepted that amount as final payment.

The problem is that his business address is in Canada and it would take forever to go through the court system and more $$ than what he has already paid on the bike to win this case.

The best he could do would be to get a full refund and spread the words "buyer beware!"

I was checking prices for a another buyer - I was going on his landed price for a yellow one - which he gave me 6399 + 200 - 6599.00 - seems like this has changed if Marks price went up - so either his cost went up or his profit margin - I assume #2 -
Makes me very nervous to do business with people that change the price after quoting it....where I come from that is a big no no.
And if this is the case I will advance warn anyone that is considering doing business with these folks is warned that the experience may not be a good one...I just hope Mark is taken care of or he gets his money back.
Mark please keep us informed the final word...and again I am sorry about this experience.....

• shigbie

Posted December 02, 2005 - 09:51 AM

I too placed an order for an 06 YZ450F SE. I have emailed Zach (12/2 am, central time) to see if he is going to honor the price when the deposit was sent. He has ALWAYS been responsive in my emails but the information was always "any minute", which is about the same as our local dealer (no one seems to know any exact dates). I told him I want the bike regardless of the price but said I would be discouraged if he did not honor our deal. A deal is a deal, but I'm not too proud to loose the SE over $200.

I mentioned this thumper talk thread and told him there were some unhappy people starting to rise. We are a tight community and good news travels fast. Unfortunately for him, bad news does too...

I'll keep you all posted.....

• Reyndogg

Posted December 02, 2005 - 10:09 AM

bad news, actually, travels faster - people tend to be a lot more vocal about a bad experience rather than a good. That's the nature of people, i think, to complain - just ask any guy about his g/f or wife :applause:

lol

• ripntear

Posted December 02, 2005 - 11:21 AM

I too placed an order for an 06 YZ450F SE. I have emailed Zach (12/2 am, central time) to see if he is going to honer the price when the deposit was sent.

What was the price when you sent your deposit?

• shigbie

Posted December 02, 2005 - 12:05 PM

$6199 Plus $200 To Ship It

• ripntear

Posted December 02, 2005 - 12:39 PM

Let us know

• ironram

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:15 PM

dumb question but what bike are you talking about and is it threw the bike store on this web site i just got back from the local yam dealer they want 7,500 for an 06 yzf 450 aniversiry and 7,200 for the standard one that crazy im thinking about ordering from this site how long is the turn around on that site thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:23 PM

$6199 Plus $200 To Ship It

Beware I was quoted 6399 + 200

• Ga426owner

Posted December 02, 2005 - 01:24 PM

dumb question but what bike are you talking about and is it threw the bike store on this web site i just got back from the local yam dealer they want 7,500 for an 06 yzf 450 aniversiry and 7,200 for the standard one that crazy im thinking about ordering from this site how long is the turn around on that site thanks

be careful as there are several issues right now with them....
and yeah - your dealer is screwing you at those prices.....

• Punisher660

Posted December 02, 2005 - 03:41 PM

16 hours 1 way!!!!! Dude that's going to cost $250.00 in gas alone + motel and eats= $325-350.00 + 6199= $6550.00 and 2 full days of your time. If there was any way you could find it local for $6750 you would be way better off.

IF you get a fun road trip out of it, its all part of the experiance and well worth it :applause:

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 02, 2005 - 05:30 PM

[COLOR=Navy]To: International Motorcycle Brokers
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: 2006 yamaha yz450f SE availability date

what is the difference between a U.S. spec bike, and a Canadian (Euro?) spec bike?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]From: International Motorcycle Brokers
To: Kevin
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 16:35 PM
Subject: Re: 2006 yamaha yz450f SE availability date

>> Nothing... Canadian spec use to come with spares... they no longer do... EU spec still comes with spares kit's....

Regards

Zach Graham[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]so what is the going cost for the YZ450F SE SHIPPED to U.S. now?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]>> $6399 + 200 shipping....

Regards

Zach Graham[/COLOR]

• ripntear

Posted December 02, 2005 - 05:46 PM

I'm glad you cleard that up! I was wondering what the difference was.

I also wonder what his inventory is like on the new 450's.

• Edge316

Posted December 02, 2005 - 08:07 PM

There is no difference between a u.s spec and canadian spec yz450f,but if you are going to use this bike to race and collect contingency money you will not be able to collect if you race a canadian model in the u.s.

• markhardgrove

Posted December 03, 2005 - 05:10 AM

Zach called me last night (Friday). Promised to give me a tracking number Monday.

I had been appealing through e-mail and phone calls and keeping you folks up to date on the latest status of this misunderstanding. Friday I was told to provide my wire transfer information so they could send my money back. They would not sell to me at the advertised price that I sent in my deposit to reserve when the bike was posted on their web-site last summer. This is not a rip off but a mis-understanding.

I called again Friday to appeal and to ask what it would take to fix this and what was their best offer to resolve. Zach said Barry called me months ago and told me the price was going up and I agreed at that time and they documented in their file that we talked. I think highly of Barry and he is an organized person and straight shooter.

So we agreed that he would send me a tracking number Monday and I would wire transfer the additional $300.00 Monday as it was too late Friday for my bank to respond.

I did not mean to cause his company bad press. However the purpose of these forums are to connect with each other as we always keep each other posted on the YZ450's latest everything....including best deals! I feel I did not step out of line and was honest with each of my posts and how I felt about this transaction.

All companies should be very aware of their business practices and customer service. Even if they have hot items we have choices. If a tracking number is issued Monday I have no complaint other than the one week delay in receiving the bike.
Final Price 2006 YZ450F Blue $6199 plus $200 + Total Delivered $6399.00.
Thanks for your support! Mark

• ripntear

Posted December 03, 2005 - 05:48 AM

Mark,

Sounds like it's going to work out ok for ya. He needs to correct his website though, that's where alot of the confusion is coming from.

Did he say what is causing the delay??

• shigbie

Posted December 03, 2005 - 05:57 AM

Zach emailed me back promptly and told the price increase will on all orders regardless of when the deposit was submitted. He is going to forward me the exact amount due and anticipated delivery date shortly. I'll let you all know when I get the info....

Guys, this is still a great deal for a SE model, I am not offended by paying the extra cash. it's a 3% increase and once I see the crate at my house I won't give a $h!t.

I am still pleased with the way Zach has handled my order and will hold my final comments till I get the bike.

In Tennessee at our local dealer it is $7099 + $692 tax + $150 prep = $7941 and they are not budging (Can you all feel my pain at TN's 9.75% tax!)

• PoconoPete

Posted December 03, 2005 - 08:49 AM

I'm happy for you that all seems to be working out.

I am also considering buying a Wr250 from them so I can register it for the road. Has anybody else bought from them for similar reasons and was it easy to get a title for your state?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.