International Motorcycle Brokers Inc

55 replies to this topic
  • markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 04:45 PM

Just got good and bad news. After putting down $500.00 in late July and paying in full November 22, 2005 I was called today by Zach who told me the bike was in and needed SS# Information for Customs. Guess you could say I was excited......... :ride:
Then when I get home I get an e-mail that the price went up and they need $300.00 more and can I send it immediately. They are not shipping the bike until I pay. All I want is the bike delivered four months after I was told for the price I paid. I undersand the YAMAHA delivery problems but not their bait and switch business practices?

I told them to wire transfer my $ back to me. Then I called back and tried to negotiate with Kyle. He said Zach is out for one hour and they will call me back. Will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and blast them in our forum if they do not honor their deal. When they accepted my $500.00 deposit they accepted our price as advertised at that time.

This sucks! Will let you know how it comes out.
Mark :applause:

• 642MX

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:15 PM

Good luck, but I bet you'll have to pay the money.

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:21 PM

So what was the original sale price?

Is the extra $300 in addition to what they currently have on their site?

• markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:30 PM

It was advertised for 5899 with 200 shipping when I put down my deposit in mid July.
Now its 6199 plus 200 shipping and they want the extra 300 9 days after I paid in full and the bike is in! Waiting to hear back on my apeal call. Only want what I bought and paid for when I secured the deal with the $500 deposit.

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:35 PM

Did he send you an e-mail with a balance due when you paid your deposit?

Regardless, it just isn't right if he lead you to beleive that was your cost.

Fight for what's right!!!!

For what it's worth, the $6199 is still one hell of a price.

Let us know

• markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:43 PM

I agree 6199 plus 200 delivered for 6399 is a good deal only feel that they are not organized at best and need to honor their committment.
I got an e-mail from Barry after I sent them the price information and his response in August was "your math is correct and no update on delivery date"
?????Still no call back they said one hour its been two.
Mark :applause:

• markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:47 PM

Received from Zach via e-mail after he called me to tell me the bike was in and he would call back with tracking number. Nine days after payment received in full :applause:

You sent:

$500 + $5599 = $6099

The bikes are $6199 + 200 Shipping.....

I know this changed but the bikes came in higher than expected... I am lucky if we make $100 a bike...

Can you send the difference today... We are still geting the bike ready to ship!!

Regards

Zach Graham

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:52 PM

I agree that they should honor the price. It's the principal of the deal.

At the very least, they should give you a solid explanation and apologize for the inconvenience.

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:57 PM

Mark,

Send the cash and be done with it. Get the bike in and ride the scalded dog out of it.

• Frank_B

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:07 PM

Whether he makes $100 or loses $200 is his problem. The deal was done. If he agreed to a contract that's bad for him (sounds like there is a contract), that's part of business and as a good businessman he'll make sure he doesn't do it again. You should not have to pay for his lesson.

I was thinking about buying a bike through them. This certainly makes me question whether I should. If he loses that "$100" profit from every potential buyer on TT that reads this, he might wish he would've just taken the loss for your bike (though I'm still skeptical about whether it truly would be a loss).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:08 PM

Will wait to see how they handle this public relations opportunity....Found them in Mississippi for 6199 OTD need to verify price/availability a 16 hour drive one way. Buy American if they cant pull it off in Canada.

Still riding my hard hitting 03 450F :applause:
Mark

• markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:11 PM

Appreciate any support from our Yama Team. They have an e-mail address at http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com/

Feel free to write in and tell them if you support my situation. I will owe you one! Mark :applause:

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:24 PM

I agree, but he knows there's people lined up willing to pay the $$. He has Marks $$ and he lives in Canada. Mark isn't going to win this deal. He needs to pay the $$ and go on or ask for a refund and hope that he gets it all back.

• 642MX

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:30 PM

This is exactly why I buy from my local dealer.

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:39 PM

Will wait to see how they handle this public relations opportunity....Found them in Mississippi for 6199 OTD need to verify price/availability a 16 hour drive one way. Buy American if they cant pull it off in Canada.

Still riding my hard hitting 03 450F :applause:
Mark

16 hours 1 way!!!!! Dude that's going to cost $250.00 in gas alone + motel and eats= $325-350.00 + 6199= $6550.00 and 2 full days of your time. If there was any way you could find it local for $6750 you would be way better off.

• markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:42 PM

Still got hopes I will hear back. Just sent off an email appeal since they have not called me back. Have gotten replies as late as midnight eastern time. Still have hope :applause:
Mark

• ripntear

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:53 PM

Still got hopes I will hear back. Just sent off an email appeal since they have not called me back. Have gotten replies as late as midnight eastern time. Still have hope :applause:
Mark

Good luck!

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:47 PM

PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!!!

from their website.

Does this mean until the bike is in your hands, they can raise the price? (now @ $6399 >> That RMZ is starting to look real good!

I have contacted them Tuesday and Wednesday, informing them I Changed my e-mail address and still have the bank cheque ready (I did NOT put money down) >> not ONE peep in response to these last two e-mails.

I had been in contact a few times over the past few weeks w/ the response, "Any Day Now...We'll call you"...

:applause: :ride:

• markhardgrove

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:50 PM

Hope to hear good news soon on my issue but if I don't hang on to your $ get it in writing. They are sloppy and unorganized businesspeople if they can not deliver what they sell!
I will take all this back if they retract their position and honor their sales price when I put down my deposit in August :applause:

• Joe_Jet

Posted December 01, 2005 - 09:52 PM

Dude:

That is BS!

Get a refund and buy it through TT. You'll get a US spec bike with full support from Yam US, warranty and all.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.