I need you helpp guys

6 replies to this topic
  • YamahaYz450F

Posted December 01, 2005 - 11:17 AM

so im in kind of a pickle i have been a yamaha guy all my life and i cant decide what to do. i was going to pick up one of the yellow 450s but a friend of mine who works at a suzuki dealer said he would give me an 06 rmz 450 for 600 off the price witch would make it 5800. i cant decide because love the yamaha's give me some advice let me know what you would do

thanks guys

• Reyndogg

Posted December 01, 2005 - 11:32 AM

go with what you love, man!

I rode a 05 RMZ 450 and it TURNS really really well, however it also vibrated like crazy - much more than the 03 yz450f and 05 crf450 i rode that same day. The new yz450, with a new front tire and proper set up, should turn well also.

The good thing is that you really CANT get a "bad" 450 this year, once you get past the internet rumors :applause:

• SCIENCE

Posted December 01, 2005 - 12:31 PM

go with what you love, man!
The good thing is that you really CANT get a "bad" 450 this year, once you get past the internet rumors :applause:

I agree, they're all good in 2006! $5800 is a great price for thr RMZ. What's your OTD for the YZF? If you've been a Yamaha guy forever & can wait I'd get the YZF. I'd rate the YZF/CRF 1 and 1a in no particular order, RMZ 2nd, KXF 3rd and KTM 4th.
Where in NY are you? I was up near Syracuse over the holiday & it didn't look like there was going to be any riding (save for mud/snow scrambles) until spring!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONLY4STROKES

Posted December 01, 2005 - 02:53 PM

The RMZ has a manual cam chain tensioner, and needs adjusting frequently.

That's enough to make me turn away right there.

• RCannon

Posted December 01, 2005 - 03:38 PM

I would not buy the RMZ or the KXF until they make them a 5 speed. When they do, I am afraid it will destroy the value of the current year machine.

• rdefonce

Posted December 01, 2005 - 03:40 PM

Go for what you want, unless you really can't afford it . . . at least I would be happier in the long run if I did that.

• 642MX

Posted December 01, 2005 - 04:46 PM

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I don't care if the Suzuki was a $1000 less than a YZF, I would still buy the YZF.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.