Steering Stabilizer..which brand?

10 replies to this topic
  • blue450f

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ok. Now that I have my '06 all broken in and ALL the free mods done, it's time for me to purchase a steering stabilizer. I need some input because I have never owned one. I know they work great and seem to be worth the money, but I want to hear from everyone what brand they are using, best price, do's and don'ts, etc.. Thanks!

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:17 AM

Scotts BRP sub mount and rubber mounted Pro Taper bars :applause:

http://www.brpit.com.../sub_mount.html

:ride: :p :p

• jonova

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:22 AM

Blue450f,

I use a scott stabilizer and won't ride without one. I think scotts offers the most tunability. Both low speed and high speed adjustments. (the speed refers to the movement of the handlebars not the speed of the bike). It is what the pro-desert racers use.
:applause:

• hybridz77

Posted December 01, 2005 - 10:27 AM

Can You still use the same dampner somehow without replacing our triple clamps

• Chas_M

Posted December 01, 2005 - 11:08 AM

Do a search on steering dampers, as there is much pre-existing useful info available on this topic.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted December 01, 2005 - 01:03 PM

scotts :applause:

http://www.planetbla.../showtell/3.jpg

• RichBaker

Posted December 01, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Can You still use the same dampner somehow without replacing our triple clamps

Yes, Scotts sells a top handlebar clamp that works well. I have one on my 90 YZWR. The only time you have to change top triple clamp is if you want fat bars and can't replace the handlebar perches cause they're cast as part of the triple...

• clark4131

Posted December 01, 2005 - 04:25 PM

Spend the extra cash and get the SUB mount. I've had both and the SUB is the best IMO...SC

• moach1

Posted December 01, 2005 - 04:40 PM

gpr submount. scotts and gpr are both awesome. cant go wrong with either one. i went gpr, one less thing i have to dial in.

• MTRSPORTDAN

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:02 PM

moach 1, Can I pm you about your ca. plate?

• moach1

Posted December 06, 2005 - 05:25 PM

ya, i will try to help you

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.