whats the best 2 stroke quad?

36 replies to this topic
  • adam833

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:34 AM

I DONT want a 4 stroke...I am looking to buy a used 2 stroke quad from 2000-2004 can anyone give me any suggestions? I am new to quads, and have a cr250 and the cr250 has plenty of power for me. So I am looking for something comparible in power, wont be racing, its just for fun in the dirt.
tia

• tejas

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:48 AM

A 250R in good shape, but just a little out of your timeframe.

• tejas

Posted December 01, 2005 - 06:50 AM

BTW service honda makes a 250R now I think.

• HardRider92

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:11 AM

you prolly wont find a good 2 stroke from 00 to 04 but u should look in to like a 92 lt250r all stock would prolly be good for you maybe piped if u wanted

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:16 AM

my brother loves his banshee....i hate it...

2 smokes suck

• oldturtle

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:19 AM

You do not have many options in 2 strokes that I know of.
The Yamaha Banshee 350 twin has all kinds of power and potential but can be a difficult ride in the trails and is best suited for wide open terrain and sand dunes.
The Yamaha Blaster 200 single with a pipe is lots of fun for smaller rider but cramped for 5'-8'' adult and larger.
The Polaris 400 is good choice if you have good Polaris dealer near by.
The Honda 250R is one of best of all time and if you shop around and take your time you can find a real jewel. It's older than you wanted but don't let that stop you from looking and buying.

• Reflex

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Gasgas 300 is the only modern 2-stroke quad i think..

• velosapiens

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:40 AM

the best 2-stroke quad is the one with a blown top end that doesn't run at all and is just gathering rust in the corner of the yard. that way it can't be used to widen and trash singletrack, do donuts in meadows, spray trucks with gravel in the parking lot, or carry beer cans into the backcountry to dump.

• rich424

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:46 AM

quadzilla

• TITAN20

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:49 AM

I second that, long live the mighty QUADZILLA! :applause:

• JackAttack

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:57 AM

the best 2-stroke quad is the one with a blown top end that doesn't run at all and is just gathering rust in the corner of the yard. that way it can't be used to widen and trash singletrack, do donuts in meadows, spray trucks with gravel in the parking lot, or carry beer cans into the backcountry to dump.

I agree. :applause:

• rubenz

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:02 AM

oh you got us. now nobody is going to buy quads anymore. thanks for the enlightenment.

a 250r quad is the only way to go if you want a 2 stroke quad.

• doodman

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:22 AM

I second that, long live the mighty QUADZILLA! :applause:

Quadzilla's are like sasquatch, you hear about them, but never see em.

If you sneeze on them, the motor blows. :ride:

• velosapiens

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:42 AM

oh you got us. now nobody is going to buy quads anymore. thanks for the enlightenment.

:applause: :ride:
victory is mine!!!!

actually, i believe there are still plenty of retarded balance-impaired drunken clowns out there. if anything, quad sales will go up as physical fitness, IQ, personal responsibility, and everything else good about humanity declines.

• rubenz

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:49 AM

actually, i believe there are still plenty of retarded balance-impaired drunken clowns out there.

yeah your right, and they ride dirtbikes.

• velosapiens

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:50 AM

yeah your right, and they ride dirtbikes.
i think he actually meant yeah, you're right, and they ride dirtbikes

good one. i guess i'll have to go into quad-rider mode and say:

i know you are but what am i.

:p :ride: :lol: :p :applause:

• TITAN20

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:53 AM

Ah, man -- please don't shatter my precious childhood memories of the famed Quadzilla. Don't you remember when you were 8 or 9 years old and thought that a Fiero had to be the baddest car on the planet? Just look at it, it's got a wing for God's sake! :applause:

• deej

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:57 AM

What ever happened to the 350 warrior? A friend of mine that lives in Cali told me like 8 years ago that the Warrior was the only machine (at the time) that could start out at the bottom of a 300ft bowl and shoot straight up, was it a 2 or 4 stroke? Hmmmm I will research, I love the internet, you can find out anything about everything.

deej

• Procircuit386

Posted December 01, 2005 - 09:05 AM

Its a Raptor 350 now and its a 4 stroke.

• 426Climber

Posted December 01, 2005 - 09:05 AM

I'm pretty sure that the warrior is a 4-smoker. The 250R really is the only way to go if your going to stick to trails. It handles well but it'll still go way to fast.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.