Suspension ???

1 reply to this topic
  • Kendawg

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:22 PM

I recently purchased a '04 WR 450 and rode it fast and hard out in Mojave and the bike ran an rode FLAWLESS, but I couldnt seem to dial in the suspension for whoops. Ive done a bit of research on the WR suspension and from what Ive found here on TT the '04 WR 450 has the exact suspension as the '04 YZ 450 is this true??
If thats true than if I dial in the YZ clicker adjustments (which should be stiffer??) wouldnt it handle hi speed desert riding and whoops better??
Whats the YZ settings so I can compare to my WR settings??

Am I WAAAYYY wrong??

I weigh 190 and ride at intermediate level (no triples)

PS/ Sold my YZ426 to a friend for this WR450, the 426 had MANY mods and this WR just has the free ones, when we raced my new 450 SPANKED the 426!!! The way we raced didnt leave much for rider error either. :applause: :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drewpeacock

Posted December 01, 2005 - 05:30 AM

I recently purchased a '04 WR 450 and rode it fast and hard out in Mojave and the bike ran an rode FLAWLESS, but I couldnt seem to dial in the suspension for whoops. Ive done a bit of research on the WR suspension and from what Ive found here on TT the '04 WR 450 has the exact suspension as the '04 YZ 450 is this true??
If thats true than if I dial in the YZ clicker adjustments (which should be stiffer??) wouldnt it handle hi speed desert riding and whoops better??
Whats the YZ settings so I can compare to my WR settings??

Am I WAAAYYY wrong??

I weigh 190 and ride at intermediate level (no triples)

PS/ Sold my YZ426 to a friend for this WR450, the 426 had MANY mods and this WR just has the free ones, when we raced my new 450 SPANKED the 426!!! The way we raced didnt leave much for rider error either. :ride: :p

The valving and springs are different. The '04 wr has 46mm forks while the yz has 48mm.
Coming from a yz 426 to the wr I did not like the suspension at all. I ended up sending it to a suspension shop and had him set it up like the yz. Well worth the money IMO. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.