top clamps

2 replies to this topic
  • thumpasaurus

Posted November 30, 2005 - 07:53 PM

What is the benefit of a top clamp that moves the bars higher and further forward? Is it just comfort or does it give you more control?

I understand higher, so you can stand and still reach the bars. All these aftermarket clamps all seem to bring the bars forward vs stock. The factoy clamp puts the bars behind the tubes, but the aftermarket ones are either even with or out front.. How does that change the handling?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted November 30, 2005 - 08:41 PM

Does not affect the steering, only the cockpit area.

• frankstr

Posted November 30, 2005 - 08:45 PM

It adds comfort, which makes it better to handle and you can place your bars more foward if you desire..
I have a Applied top clamp for sale due to the fact i just ordered Scotts complete fwd mount kit with a stabilizer...
Its in great shape, PM me if interested.. :applause:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.